Trouble Maker

The sect learning class started, the one acting as the teacher today was Lan Qiren the supervising teacher of all the students there who became the sect elder.
gusulan and also the uncle of Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji's two jade blends.

Lan Qiren entered the classroom and read one by one the rules of the slash sect that were laid out in the scroll he brought with him.

Before Lan Qiren finished reading the entire contents, Lan Qiren threw the scroll on the floor and his face glared at Wei Wuxian who seemed to be whispering with Nie Huaisang in class.

Lan Qiren, "I'm only repeating this one by one because no one reads it even though it's written on a stone wall!".

"..." None of the students dared to speak

Lan Qiren "Wei Ying"

"Here!"  Wei Wuxian replied as he raised his hand up

Lan Qiren "Let me ask you, are yao, demon, ghost and monster the same?"

“No.” Wei Wuxian replied with a smile then stood up to answer the question.

Lan Qiren, "Why not? What's the difference?"

"Yao are formed from the living, not humans! Demons are formed from living humans, ghosts are formed from dead humans, monsters are formed from the dead, not humans" Wei Wuxian replied confidently.

"Yao and monsters are often misunderstood, what is an example that can tell the difference between the two?"  Lan Qiren asked again.

"That's easy, for example a living tree is tainted by the energy of the scriptures, cultivated into a conscious being, and causes chaos, it will become a yao and if I take an ax and cut it in the middle, until only the dead stump of the tree remains, and then it  cultivated into a creature, it will become a monster" Wei Wuxian replied confidently.

Lan Qiren, "What is the profession of Qinghe Nie's ancestor?"

“Butcher” Wei Wuxian replied

"The emblem of the lanlingjin sect is the white peony flower, what kind of white peony flower is it?"  Lan Qiren asked again.

Wei Wuxian, "Sparks admist snow".

"Who was the first person in the cultivation world to focus more on clan awakening than his sect?"  Lan Qiren.

“The ancestor of the Qishan Wen sect, Wen Mao” Once again Wei Wuxian answered all the questions correctly making Lan Qiren very annoyed by it.

Lan Qiren, “As a disciple of the Yunmengjiang sect, you must be familiar with this and have known it for a long time, so there is nothing to be proud of even if you answer correctly! Let me ask you one more time, there was an executioner with both parents, a  his wife and children, but before he died, he had executed more than a hundred people!He suddenly died in public and in retaliation for his actions his body was left alone on the streets for seven days, with the energy of suppressed hatred, he began to haunt and  kill, what to do?".

Wei Wuxian was silent and did not answer this time while the other students were also feeling restless, afraid that if Wei Wuxian couldn't answer his question would be thrown to another student.

"Why are you looking at him? Think about it! Don't open your books!"  Lan Qiren looked around him

"..." The atmosphere was tense and quiet in the classroom.

"Wangji, you can tell him what to do." Lan Qiren deliberately put Lan Wangji ahead, and Lan Wangji immediately stood up straight to answer the question.

"First, liberate. Second, suppress. Third, eliminate. His initial approach is to take advantage of the gratitude of his kinsmen, and grant his last wish, liberating what he cannot let go of!  the hateful energy doesn't dissipate, destroy it completely! The cultivation world must adhere to the rules and sequences of this action, no mistakes are allowed" Lan Wangji replied firmly, making all the students in the class amazed.

Lan Qiren nodded and smiled then stroked his beard, very satisfied to hear the answer from his beloved nephew and also the best student of all time, Lan Wangji.

"There's nothing wrong, no matter in cultivation or as an individual, one must be this strong! If you feel satisfied and proud just because you defeated a few simple creatures in your own sect and don't have a good reputation, you will be a disgrace to yourself sooner or later.  Lan Qiren purposely quipped while glancing at Wei Wuxian, Wei Wuxian who knows he is being sarcastic will take revenge on that annoying old man.

Wei Wuxian of course didn't stay silent about the comments, he clearly knew that this old man had purposely ordered Lan Wangji to answer so that he would be humiliated if he was compared to Lan Wangji.

“I have a question” Wei Wuxian raised his hand up

"Say", Lan Qiren.

Wei Wuxian, "Although liberation has to be done, first, it's often impossible! 'To grant the last wish' sounds simple, it's easy if his wish is just a new pair of clothes, but what if his wish is to kill a lot of people for revenge?"

"Therefore the emphasis is, after release, if necessary, elimination is also carried out" Lan Wangji answered

"How troublesome! It's not that I don't know the answer, I'm just thinking of a fourth way" Wei Wuxian smiled crookedly as he winked at Lan Wangji.

Lan Qiren, "I never heard of the fourth way".

Wei Wuxian, "Since the executioner died in such a way, it's only natural that he turned into a vicious corpse! Since he had executed a hundred people before dying, why not just dig up the graves of these people, awaken his hatred energy and gather the heads of these hundred people and make use of them.  to fight against that vicious corpse".

Lan Wangji, who initially didn't intend to look at Wei Wuxian, finally glanced at Wei Wuxian with the corner of his eye, Wei Wuxian turned to smile at Lan Wangji while Lan Wangji remained with a cold expression.

"How dare you! The whole point of exorcism and extermination of ghosts is to free them! You didn't study the methods of liberation and even thought of increasing their hateful energy! You distorted the workings of nature and neglected ethics and morality!"  Lan Qiren was really angry right now.

Wei Wuxian, "There are some things that are useless after liberation, so why not find a way to make use of them instead? When Great Yu tamed the flood, deterrence was the inferior method and diversion was the superior, suppression equals deterrence, so isn't that inferior?"  .

A book flew towards Wei Wuxian was thrown by Lan Qiren but Wei Wuxian managed to dodge it.

Wei Wuxian, "Spiritual energy is energy and hate energy is also energy. The spiritual energy stored in the dantian can split mountains and fill oceans, available for human use, if that's the case, then why can't hate energy be used by humans?"

Lan Qiren threw the book once more at Wei Wuxian which he was able to fend off once again.

Lan Qiren, "Then let me ask you again, how do you make sure that your hateful energy only hears you and doesn't harm others?"

“I haven't thought about it yet.” Wei Wuxian replied casually.

Lan Qiren, "If you don't think about it, the cultivation world won't allow your existence! Go away!"

And Wei Wuxian immediately happily ran out of the classroom after being kicked out by Lan Qiren, after realizing that this was part of Wei Wuxian's plan to get out of class and avoid his subjects, Lan Qiren's emotions rose many times, his chest felt tight.

"Wei Ying!!!"  Lan Qiren shouted but the caller had already gone far while whistling happily because his plan had worked.

Class ended just like that without much to teach or learn, Lan Qiren the old man was nagging the whole lesson, after class, Lan Qiren called Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang to tell Wei Wuxian about his punishment for copying the kindness letter from the gusulan sect virtue book, as much as  three times for Wei Wuxian to understand what the laws of nature and morality were.