Day 2 [Turn it Down]

I'm trembling.

I looked down, seeing the people of Obelia cheering for me, calling my name, and throwing me flowers. I feel bad because I wanted to wave back at them, giving them my love but I was too nervous—too frozen to move an inch.

I don't know why but ever since I got out and saw how many they are, cheering and giving their love for me. Heavy pressure was put on my back.

It was the day of when I was crowned to be the crowned princess, the next empress. And also the day that I realized how huge my responsibility is to the people of Obelia. And just thinking about my future as an empress of this great kingdom lowers my confidence in ruling them.

The way they stared at me with expectations in their eyes and their chants of wishes towards me, confident that I would be able to fulfill them as their future queen makes me want to cover my ears.

Just when I thought that could do it with my utmost best but I don't think that would be enough.

"It's too loud..." I muttered.

After the festival, the maids led me back to my room after changing myself into comfortable clothes and gave me time to rest.

The cheers of the people are still echoing in my head. It's haunting me.

How did my father do this all by himself?

I never knew that I have to rule that huge of a population.

I don't think I can do it.

"My ears hurt..." I whispered, covering my ears with pillows, hoping that the noise in my head would just disappear but the noise was only getting louder. It's giving me headaches.

And suddenly, I felt a hand gently caressing my head. When I looked up to see it, it was Lucas, smiling down at me but I can see the worry in his eyes.

"Hey..." He whispered. "I saw what happened..."

I flinched, not knowing what to do or reply. I only looked away, the noise in my head is still there.

Lucas's hand never left caressing my head but soon moved to my ear. Both of his hands were covering my ears. "I know it's going to be hard for you but it's going to be alright..." He whispered, almost loudly as if he was trying to erase the noises.

I leaned slightly to his touch, closing my eyes as I let out a hum.

"You have many years to learn and to be ready to face it, take your time, Athanasia..." Lucas continued.

I nodded. "Okay..."

"No need to pressure yourself... Everyone in the palace is here for you, okay?"

"Mhm..."

"I know you are going to be a great ruler..." Lucas softly kissed my forehead. "But for now, let me turn down the noises in your head..."

"Thank you..." I whispered, smiling against his touch. "Thank you..."

"Anytime, love."

And slowly, the noise was fading away.

---
It's been a while since I wrote a 1st person's perspective, I just wanted to write it like that hehehe~^^

Anyway, that's day 2!!