Day 3 [Haven't Met You Yet]

POV:
If Lucas didn't sleep for a very long time and stayed as the Magician of the Black Tower (meaning, Diana's also alive✨)

-----

Why am I here, again?

I thought blankly as I stared at my bland wine. I was at the corner of the ballroom, trying to avoid the ladies who wanted to talk—flirt with me. I find them annoying.

Today is that debutant thing for those young ladies who just turned fourteen and are having their dance, which is a pretty big deal to them. I don't get why is it like that.

I never had a dance before.

Well, other than that, the reason why I am here. Just to keep an eye on the family, though they looked okay to me, nothing bad so far, except that the princess kept on stepping on her father's foot in the dance.

She's a terrible dancer.

Coming from someone who doesn't have experience in dancing.

But I have watched a lot of balls, I'm used to their dances. Meaning if I had to dance, it would be perfect.

There's nothing imperfect in the great magician Lucas. Nothing.

Though there's emptiness. A small gap in the deepest part of my heart. Do I care? No. I have erased those stupid feelings a long time ago. It would only weigh me down.

Just like that old man.

Suddenly the bland wine became disgusting to the taste. I winced, frowning at the drink. Did they order an expired one or is it just my taste?

I shook my head, putting the drink away, not even giving it a second glass. I had a bad day and this wine just worsen it. Great. Thank you, whoever thinks doing this to me is fun. Thank you.

I noticed the princess gave me a look again, then look away.

Yeah, why is she always looking in my way as if someone's behind me? Or did I do something to upset her? I never even talked to the princess, nor meet her. It's actually the first time I saw her today.

Not going to lie, she does look like her parents. Very royally—if that's a word. But there's something on her face that screams, she's not like those flirty ladies and just one of those giggly teenagers who wanted to fall in love with their prince charming. Not an expectation in her eyes that she would easily get her prince but hoping to try and get to know her prince.

Why am I talking about her, again? This is about me, not her.

Her eyes were on me again. Seriously, what does she want?

Now, she's going towards my direction, shyly, I must add. She's confusing me. Of all the ladies that I have seen or met, she's the only one who is very confusing. I don't know what's on her mind.

Maybe she hit her head or something.

Anyway, she must be going to someone that just happened to be close to me. Yeah, that's right. Don't be assuming, Lucas. Just do your business—what am I doing again?

"Uhm..."

I turned to see the princess, now standing in front of me. Not going to lie, she almost gave me a heart attack. So she really was going to me? What does she want?

"Yes, Your Highness?" I replied, finding my composure. I gave her my best smile as if I'm glad to see her—which am not.

"Y-You were brooding in the corner, it seems like you're not having fun..." She said, almost pouting. "And you're alone—why are you alone?"

I blinked. "Uh... I was asked to come here, princess..." I answered. "To keep an eye on you and your family."

Which made me feel very useless here.

"You were forced?" She lightly gasped. "I'm so sorry! That is why you don't look so happy here. My father shouldn't have invited you here!"

Wow. She's weird.

"It's fine, princess. It is my choice."

"Your choice or it's because my father's the emperor."

Well, I choose the latter.

"Princess-"

She suddenly took my wrist, surprising me. How dare she?

"Princess, wait!" I stammered, getting dragged to the middle of the dancefloor. "What are you doing, princess?!"

"At least let me make your night fun!" She said, stopping in her tracks as soon as we got in with the others who are dancing. She shyly put my hands in place, blushing. "I'm not a good dancer... So I apologize..."

I stared at her weirdly. Wanted to protest but I don't want to embarrass the princess here or I'll have to listen to the emperor's nags—that I find annoying.

So I just followed, a small blush appeared on my cheek. "Then, let me form a spell to let you dance well, princess," I muttered, gently pulling her close.

"You can do that?!" Her eyes gleamed.

We started dancing and with every step we took she lets out a gasp, making me almost laugh. Is it really that surprising to not step on someone's foot?

"This is amazing!" She laughed then looked up at me. "I'm not falling or stepping on your foot!!"

Then, I laughed, I can't take it anymore. "Why are you that surprised?!"

She blushed. "D-Don't laugh!!"

"I can't help it, princess!"

"Stop it!!" She started to whine.

We continued to dance, without me realizing that the emptiness inside me suddenly disappears like it was never there.

That is why I was not ready to show everyone my emotions. I just haven't met you yet.

And now that I have.

I am not able to let go.

---
Day 3~!
Lucas pov yay! A very rare pov from meh