Day 7 [Two Children]

"This is impossible..." Lucas huffed, his head is spinning in pain. "This never happened to me...!"

"Just shut it, you're making my head hurt!!" Athanasia complained before letting out a sneeze.

"Now, children..." Lilian came in with a tray of medicine in hand. "Complaining over a fever won't make you feel better."

"Lucas started it..." Athanasia said with a pout.

Lucas didn't answer and rolled his eyes in annoyance. Lilian laughed at the sight.

"Well, here you go. Drink this medicine, and I'll be taking this!" Lilian took the bowls and gave the children the medicine and a glass of water. "Then you two can go back to sleep."

After Lilian left, Athanasia turned to face Lucas on the other bed. "Why don't you just heal us with your magic? Aren't you the greatest magician of all?"

"I can hear that sarcasm, princess, and no I can't do it... My head hurts..." Lucas coldly muttered. "If only I didn't walk with you near the lake, this wouldn't have happened to me..."

"But you saved me from drowning."

"What kind of person I am to ignore someone who is drowning right in front of me?" Lucas sat up, the towel on his forehead fell. "I am still a human being you know!"

"Don't you just sit up! Your fever's going-!" Athanasia tried to warn Lucas but the latter immediately fainted.

"You idiot!!" Athanasia turned pale and panicked, she rang the bell beside her to call for Lilian for help.

Lucas might be hundreds of years old but he was stupid to suddenly sit up with his fever at a very high temperature. It's the first time Athanasia saw that kind of person do it.

And she finds it idiotic.

Lilian came back into the room and rushed to Lucas's side to check him up. Athanasia told herself not to worry and just focus on getting better.

Slowly, she falls asleep.

Athanasia thought that she just blinked for a moment but when she opened her eyes, it was already night. She was woken up by Lucas's hard breathing, she turned to see him sweating in his bed.

"Lucas?" She called but the boy won't open his eyes.

She immediately rushed to his side and checked his temperature only to feel that his fever have worsen. She panicked, what would she do to help him? Lucas won't wake up, and it's midnight, what is the right thing to do?

"You dummy..." She huffed, flicking Lucas's forehead before taking the lamp and the bowl of water that was used to be cold and going to the bathroom.

She refilled the bowl with cold water and washed the cloth then rushed back to Lucas's side. She remembered how Lilian put the cloth on them and followed her actions.

Athanasia dipped the cloth onto the water and squeezed the water out before folding it and putting it back on Lucas's forehead. She prayed that this would hopefully make him breathe and sleep normally without worries.

She lets out a sigh, slouching her shoulders. Lucas still hasn't woken up but his breathing is slowly going back to normal but his twitching still hasn't subsided. He must have a nightmare.

"You're a hassle, you know..." Athanasia muttered, rolling her eyes in annoyance. "And you called yourself a strong magician..."

Athanasia wanted to go back to her bed but watching Lucas squirming in his sleep is bothering her.

And with an annoyed groan, Athanasia decided to scoot beside Lucas and gave him gentle pats on his arm. She sang a song that Lilian always sing for her before going to sleep.

Look at him, sleeping so peacefully... Athanasia thought with a pout as she yawned. She watched Lucas calm down and leaned more onto her warm touch, his lips curved into a smile.

Athanasia was surprised at his face, she just looked away. "Well... You're cute when you sleep so I'll let you off for today..."

She glanced at Lucas who seemed to sleep comfortably in her arms, making her almost chuckle at the sight. She could stare at his face for as long as she wants. It's no joke that this boy in front of her is adorable.

"If only I cameras exist..."

....

"Oh, my..." Lilian gasped as she walked into Athanasia's and Lucas' room.

Felix was curious and peeked in. "What is it, Lady Lilian?" He questioned.

"Look at them."

Felix turned to where the beds are to see two children snoring while in each other's arms, sleeping so peacefully.

"Ain't this an adorable sight to see...?"

----