Day 9 [Valentines]

"Will you give chocolates to His Majesty this year, princess?" Lily suddenly asked.

I'm in the kitchen with Lily right now, baking sweets. I asked her to help me since I am still a child and I needed assistance from an adult.

"You found out, Lily?" I whined, making a pout as I sprinkled the chocolate chip cookie with decorations. It was kind of sloppy but I did my best. And I am satisfied with it.

Lily lets out a chuckle. "Tomorrow is Valentine, princess, it's only obvious. Not unless you planned to give this to Lucas."

"Lucas?!" I exclaimed, I almost crushed the cookie in my hands as I was about to put it in a wrapper. "He doesn't like sweets, though. I doubt that he would accept them, and why would I give him one?"

Why would I give him chocolate when he only annoyed me every day? Lily has fallen onto his angel spell.

"His Majesty also. But he accepts your chocolates every year," Lily reasoned with a motherly smile. "I'm sure Lucas would also accept it."

Like she's saying that he has a crush on me. Kinda scary.

I let out a hum, tilting my head. Well, he helped me before, it won't hurt to give him a small box of chocolates.

...

No! Let him suffer, let this be his punishment every year for making fun of me! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

---

"What's this?"

"It's chocolates, dummy!" I huffed, pushing the box closer to him on the table. "Jeez, why are you staring at me like I'm plotting something?"

"Well, it's you..." Lucas grumbled, hesitantly accepting the chocolate.  He stared at the box in wonder.

"What do you mean by that?" I said with gritted teeth. It's Valentine Athy, let's just endure this. It's Lucas that we are talking about, you're used to this.

Lucas lets out a sigh as he opened the box cautiously. His eyes widened when he saw two chocolate cupcakes inside. I don't know how but I'm sure that I saw his eyes brighten for a second.

Might be my imagination.

Lucas didn't utter a word and took a small bite, he flinched after. What's with that reaction? Kinda pissed me off.

I'm sure that he's thinking of a comment to make me angry.

Because that's what he is good at.

Lucas has been munching the cupcake until there are no more. He silently licked off the filling on his fingers and look up at me.

There it is...

"Did you bake this?" He questioned.

I blinked, confused. "Yeah...?" I thought that he was going to laugh at me. What's with that random question?

"Lily helped me..." I added.

"Is that so?" Lucas nodded, humming. "You're good. I thought that you were going to put poison in it."

"What?!" I exclaimed. "Why would I do that?!!"

But never mind that!! Did he just say that my cupcakes were good?! Did he hit his head before coming here?! There is no way that he would comment like that!!

Lucas chuckled. "I'm just teasing. But I didn't expect that you would give me one, how do you know that I like sweets?"

Lucas likes sweets?!

That's a surprise...

"I assumed that you thought of me as someone who doesn't like sweets. Don't lump me with your father."

"I-I didn't!!" I blushed, shaking my head aggressively.

"Really? Well, that's cool..." Lucas leaned on his hand, smiling. He looked so happy. "I'm looking forward to next year, princess."

"Huh?! That's the first and last chocolate that you are gonna receive from me!!" I exclaimed, my cheeks heated up more.

I immediately left the room, not wanting to hear his teasing. The color on my cheeks was still there as I pouted, making my way back to my room.

Well, I shall make him one next time...

----
HEADCANON YALLLLLLLLL
-how athy knows lucas' sweet tooth
sorry for the late update, I've been busy lately, and im going to pause the updates here since I'm going back to my main acc to write my ongoing fanfics! I'll be back here someday~!

Also another headcanon: to lucas, Lily is like his mother ;_;

Okay, see ya on my main acc!!!!

— AJ