Urban Legend Outfitters

Dawn, Mae, and y/n were standing at Dawn's locker. Mae and y/n were both on their phones, as Dawn was getting something out of her locker.

"No one's reading our blog, Mae." Dawn said as she turned to her friends, holding a poster.

"Not no one. We got five hits." Mae said excitedly. Y/n looked up from her phone and nodded with a smile.

"Yeah, but two of them were me." Dawn replied.

"There are still three more."

"One's mine." Y/n said with a smile.

"And the other two were you, Mae." Dawn said and closed her locker. "Look, we started writing for FuzzFeed to keep students informed. The only one who's informed now is y/n."

"Ooh, we got a sixth." Mae said excitedly after her phone chimed. Y/n looked on Mae's phone and saw the article on her screen.

"Still you, Mae." She said, and Dawn nodded. The girls walked through the door, into the main hallway.

"No one's gonna read it if they don't know about it, so that is why I made this poster." Dawn said and walked over to the school store.

"If kids won't read our blog, what makes you think they'll read our poster?" Mae asked.

"Uh, the glitter." Dawn said and showed the girls the poster.

"Okay, yeah, that is quite some glitter." Y/n said as Mae and Dawn took the poster to hang it up. "A little to the left. . ." Y/n directed, but then, the school store blinds suddenly opened, causing Mae and Dawn to rip the poster.

"Good morning, ladies." Nicky greeted with a smile.

"Nicky?" Y/n said as Mae and Dawn were still trying to process the fact that their poster got ripped. "What are you doing in the school store?"

"I'm the new manager. Welcome to. . . Nicky's Get Schooly!" He said and showed the girls his sign. Y/n chuckled.

"That's pretty cool." She said.

"You made us tear our poster." Dawn cut in.

"We're trying to get more readers for FuzzFeed." Mae explained.

"Yeah. Nobody read our last article. "Budget Cut Crisis: Head Janitor Now Also Lunch Lady"." Dawn said and emphasized the title of the article with her hand.

"Not "nobody", I read it." Y/n said and crossed her arms. She then turned to Nicky and pointed her finger at him, "Spoiler alert, don't eat the mop bucket stew."

"Yeah, but you're our friend. It doesn't really count." Dawn replied. Y/n angrily frowned at her.

"But we really appreciate you reading our blog." Mae said with a nervous smile on her face, putting a hand on y/n's shoulder. She smiled and nodded. "Hopefully more people will read our next article. It's about school safety."

"Yeah, disaster preparedness." Dawn added. "Next week is the anniversary of the Avalanche of 1975."

"Is that the one that made Pigfoot?" Nicky asked.

"You guys talking about Pigfoot?" Molly suddenly cut in. She was standing behind Dawn, Mae, and y/n, together with Oscar.

"Pigfoot's not real. It's just an urban legend." Mae replied.

"What's an urban legend?" Molly asked confused.

"It's a rumor that's been told so many times, people start to believe it's true." Dawn explained.

"Like, if you swallow your gum, it will stay in your stomach for seven years." Mae said, giving an example.

"Or that you'll use math later in life." Y/n added, and Dawn, Mae, and Nicky nodded.