Quadsled

The quads were in the bobsled simulation. They were practicing for their big competition.

"Good fake run." Mae complimented when the simulation ended.

"Yeah, that was record fake time." Y/n added. The two girls were both holding big fans, to create the illusion of wind.

"Yeah! Fake awesome!" The Icky's cheered, facing Dawn. She looked disgusted.

"Okay, one of you needs a real mint." She said, "Who had a breakfast tuna melt?"

"That was me." All three of her brothers replied.

Mae and y/n shared a look, and laughed. The two put the fans down on the floor as the quads got out of the simulator.

"Well, the bigger problem is our lefts still need work." Ricky said as they all walked over to the middle of the store, "In order to maximize speed, we need to be totally in sync."

"True." Dawn replied.

"You know, if one of you is out of sync, one of us could always jump in." Mae said, motioning herself and y/n. Y/n nodded with a smile as Mae put her hand on her own chest, "People do consider me to be the fifth quad."

Y/n turned to Mae and frowned, "Uh, no. People consider me to be the fifth quad."

"That's nonsense." Mae replied.

"No, it's not."

"Guys, stop." Dawn cut in. "Look, it's good to know that both of you have our back, but this year, we are a well-oiled machine. Nothing is gonna stop us from winning."

"How can you be so sure?" Mae asked.

"Because no one else signed up." Dawn replied.

Y/n scoffed, "Didn't stop you from losing the last three years."

The quads stared at her, clearly insulted by what she said.

"What? Just sayin'." Y/n shrugged, and Mae nodded.

"Well, this year, we're not going to get disqualified halfway through the race because Dicky had to take off his helmet." Ricky said. He was clearly still annoyed by that.

"I was just giving the fans what they wanted." Dicky replied, and flipped his hair, "At least I didn't keep pulling the brake like Nicky did two years ago."

"I saw a squirrel, and I brake for small animals." Nicky defended.

"It was an earmuff." Ricky replied.

"Well, it lived." Nicky said, "At least I didn't miscalculate our entry velocity on the omega loop like you did three years ago."

"I was nine!" Ricky defended.

"Okay, that is enough." Dawn shut her brothers up. "None of you are screwing up this year."

"Oh, yeah, it's your turn." Nicky said, relieved he wasn't the one who was going to screw up. But that was not the point Dawn was trying to make. She sighed.

"It is no one's turn! We're going for the gold, and nothing is going to stop us."

Mae and y/n heard footsteps coming toward them from behind. The two turned around and widened their eyes.

"Except for them." The two said in unison.

"Hello, Harpers." The Kramdens greeted with a mean tone in their voices. They were wearing suits just like the quads', which made it quite obvious they were going to join the race as well.

"Hello, Kramdens." The quads greeted back.

"So. . . you tried to steal our tire commercial, and now you're gonna try to steal our race?" Dawn crossed her arms.