A Squad-Changing Cooking Class

Nicky woke up to the horrifying sound of his alarm clock. He grunted and slammed it to silence it. Dicky groaned, and he and Nicky covered their faces with their blankets.

But Ricky immediately jumped out of bed. He walked towards the curtain, and rolled it up, lightening the whole room.

"Ah. . . Nothing better than a fresh new day of school." He said with a smile.

But that was the last thing Dicky and Nicky were thinking.

"UGH!" The two whined at the same time. How could Ricky be this excited to get up for school?

Ricky grabbed an outfit for himself from the closet, ignoring his brothers. How could they not be excited to get up for school? He disappeared into the bathroom, leaving Dicky and Nicky alone in the room.

Dicky was still a bit confused by the day before. Why would y/n suddenly forgive Nicky after ignoring him for a whole week? It didn't seem like something she'd do. But then again, Nicky was part of the Squad. Y/n was always a bit easier on them when it came to her anger.

Still, Dicky didn't really understand. He removed his blanket from his face to get used to the lighting. Then, he sat up and looked at Nicky, who was still hiding under his covers.

"Dude, what happened with y/n yesterday?" Dicky asked. It was better to get straight to the point for him.

Nicky widened his eyes and felt his face heat up, thinking back to his conversation with y/n from the day before. Since Dicky was asking about it, it was confirmed that it wasn't a dream. Unless he was still dreaming. Either way, it was something Nicky had been questioning ever since he woke up two minutes ago. Was he really that lucky that y/n liked him?

He removed the blanket from his face and sat up to look at his brother. But when he did, he grunted and squinted his eyes.

"Forgot about the light." Nicky whined, rubbing his eyes as Dicky laughed at him. Nicky blinked a few times, adapting to the lighting. Then, he looked at his brother, "We just, uh, talked about everything."

"What did you even do to make her that angry in the first place?" Dicky asked.

Y/n had "explained" it to him, but Dicky found her explanation rather vague. He'd pretended he completely understood the past week, just to be there for y/n. He didn't want to bother her with questions too much.

But maybe Nicky could clear things up for him? Because all y/n had told him was that she felt like she didn't matter and that she didn't understand how someone could be so selfish. What was that even supposed to mean?

Nicky felt himself getting nervous. Apparently, y/n hadn't told Dicky what exactly happened, and that was probably for a good reason. So what was he supposed to answer? How was he supposed to explain?

"I, uh, she was angry about me leaving her with Avery and June all the time. A-At the Ren Faire." Nicky explained, starting with an unsure tone in his voice that later turned into him impressed by himself. He was glad he found a way to explain it, without lying and revealing too much. Because technically, that was what it started with.

"Was that all?" Dicky replied with a frown. Knowing y/n, he knew that she could get angry quickly. But this was a bit much, even for her. Dicky couldn't imagine her getting that angry over something so little.

"Well. . . No." Nicky replied hesitantly. He thought about it, and found a way to explain, "It just turned into a whole fight, and I don't want to get into that. The point is that we're okay again. Great even. . ."

Nicky looked to the side and smiled happily, thinking about the way the conversation ended. Y/n still liked him, and they were going on a real date. He couldn't be happier.