The Squad-Plex

"So, what do you kids think of the new Thirsty War smoothie menu?" Tom asked, as he walked over to the Squad, Natlee, Mack, and Oscar.

"I think it's a shameless attempt to make money off the new Hungry Wars movie that's coming out this weekend." Ricky replied.

"Aaand you would be correct." Tom said. He then whispered something in Ricky's ear, but no one was paying attention to it.

"Oh, I see you named a smoothie after Ganderk the Great." Dawn said.

"Who's Ganderk the Great?" Natlee asked.

"Only the most powerful Gnome Fairy in all of Gardenia." Dawn replied.

"And maybe the entire Middle Universe?" Mack added.

"And their favorite Hungry Wars character." Nicky said and pointed at his sister and Mack.

"Oh, two Ganderk the Grape smoothies, please." Dawn ordered.

"That Ganderk dude has cool hair. Just like Dicky the grape." Dicky said, smiling and nodding his head at Natlee. Y/n shook her head lightly as she laughed at his bad flirting attempt with Natlee.

"You just called yourself a grape." Natlee replied.

"I know." Dicky replied, and nodded his head again.

"Ooh, Mr. Harper," Mack said, "Not to nitpick, but you spelled Ganderk wrong. And also, in the last movie, Ganderk got poisoned by grapes, so this is a double fail." Mack said. The other kids laughed.

"You're a double fail!" Tom said and snatched the menu out of Mack's hand, "Sorry, I'm just- I worked really hard on this menu. . . which is also spelled wrong. Give me back those 'manus'."

"You two sure know a lot about Hungry Wars." Y/n said to Mack and Dawn.

"Yep, that's why we made a pact to go see the new movie together. We are Hungry Wars movie buddies." Dawn replied.

"Buddies, huh?" Y/n said and sipped her smoothie. Dawn angrily looked at her.

"Secret Ganderk battle cry!" Mack yelled.

"Ganderk!" The two said in unison. Ricky slammed his arm on the table in between them.

"Knock it off, you Gan-dorks." He said, and pointed at the entrance of the store, "Derek Moses just walked in."

"Look at him. . ." Nicky said.

"He's so cool. . ."

"Cooler than Monday night bingo. . ." Oscar added.

"He might be the coolest kid in school, but I'm a close second. Very close." Dicky said, "Check this out. Moses, my man. Grab a seat." Dicky called him over.

"No, thanks. I prefer to stand." Moses replied, who walked over to them. "It's one of my ten cool-mandments. Always be slightly above the crowd."

He looked at y/n, and winked at her. She widened her eyes. Did he just-?

"Let me try this." Dicky said and stood up. Moses stood on his toes to still be taller than Dicky, making sure he remained the "coolest". "Oh, he's good."

"So, what's the small talk du jour?" Moses said, in broken French.

"Whoa, he speaks french." Natlee said. She was clearly impressed, but y/n scoffed.

"It's pronounced "du jour"." She corrected, sounding a lot more French than he did.

"Je suis désolée, ma chérie." (I'm sorry, my love) Moses replied. Y/n widened her eyes again and felt her face heat up.