Past relationship (1)

It was a calm shift for squad, unlike the other companies that had back to back calls. Right now they were the only ones on the firehouse. They were playing cards as usual, when a woman entered the building. 

Mystery Woman- Hey! Sorry to interrupt, I'm looking for Stella Kidd. Can you show me to her?

Kelly- She's out on a call right now. It shouldn't be long till she's back, you can wait if you want, or I can take a message

Mystery Woman- Mmmm... don't worry, I'll come back later

Kelly - Sure!

After 30 minutes, when Kelly was in his quarters doing his usual paperwork, truck got back from their call. They looked like it was a rough call. Gallo went directly to the kitchen, Mouch directly to his usual spot on the couch and the new guy to the bunkroom. Stella just stood there for a second, recomposing herself.

Capp- lieutenant, someone stopped by and asked for you a half hour ago

Stella- Do you know what they wanted?

Capp- No idea, she said she would come back later

Stella- Thanks Capp! I'll be in Severides quarters if she comes back

After that she goes straight to Severide's quarters. And as soon as she enters, she feels relief, he was her safe place. After the rough call truck went through, she needed him. And just a look at eachother's eyes, Kelly knew she needed a hug, and for him to hold her tight. They stayed like that for at least five minutes. She had tears in her eyes.

Kelly- Though call?

Stella- Yeah... family car accident. Mom and dad hanging by a threat and kids pretty banged up too, one of them died on the way over to med...

Kelly- I'm sorry babe... I'm sure you did everything you could. Now let everything out...

They stayed there for an hour more without any calls interrupting them. Stella was more relaxed. They were remembering thing from their past and ended up laughing. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, it was Capp telling Stella that the mistery women was back and wanted to talk to her. While on the way to the apparatus floor where she was Kelly asked Stella if she knew who she could be, she started to think. Stella couldn't think of anyone, but when she saw who it was through the windows of the doors, she recognised inmediately who it was. Kelly sweared he heard Stella say "oh, crap." When the woman saw Stella, a smile appeared on her face.

Stella- Grace!

Grace- Stella!! It's so good to see you!

Stella- You too... I thought you were living in Ireland

Grace- I am... I just came for my family, you know how they are...

Stella- I remember

Grace- Anyway, I ran into Tyler the other day and he told me that the last he knew about you is that you were working here. For what I can tell, you aren't friend with him anymore... When he told me you where working here I decided to come and explain everything

Stella- You are right about Tyler... that friendship didn't end very well, his fault may I add. And yeah, you owe me a pretty big explanation... But not here, wait a second... Babe, can I use your quarters?

Kelly- Sure, you know you don't have to ask!

Just when Stella and Grace where heading to the quarters, truck and ambo got a call. Stella wanted to have a conversation with Grace, but she also had to to her job. She told her to go to Molly's the next night, and to ask Kelly for the adress. As Stella went running to the truck, Grace followed right behind her, stopping at the squad table where Kelly was reading his newspaper. He gave her the address, and as she was about to leave, she turned around and said something.

Grace- Are you guys married?

Kelly- Yeah... for a couple of years now, why?

Grace- Nothing... you are lucky to have her in your life

Kelly- I am...

Grace- I guess I'll see you around, bye!

After shift Kelly and Stella decided to go home and do nothing until the time Stella had to get to Molly's. While they where cuddled on the sofa, Kelly decided to ask Stella a question he wasn't sure he should. He just didn't know if he should let Stella open up about it, but he was a little bit courious. 

Kelly- Babe, if you don't mind me asking, what happened with that Grace?

Stella- I don't mind... we were really good friends like 10 years ago, but everything went downhill pretty fast... honestly I'm not sure I want to talk about it now, maybe later after I talk to her...

Kelly- Alright... just know I'm here if you need anything

Stella- I know, thanks babe

That night wasn't full of people, that meant that Stella could be talking with her husband. They were having a nice conversation, planning their next trip to the cabin. When the door at Molly's opened, he could sense Stella tense up a little, at the same moment he saw Grace walking towards them. He squished her hand and gave her a soft smile, and that's all she needed to confront that difficult conversation that was about to come.

Stella- Herrman, I'm gonna take my brake now... Hey Grace, we should go outside, to the patio, there's no one there...

Grace- Sure...