Welcome back (1)

Firehouse 51 was empty, every company was out on a call. But a man in a military uniform stood there with his bag, waiting for someone. He only had to wait for half an hour. Squad 3 got there first. When they saw that man they were interested and courious for who he was, no one was waiting a military man in the firehouse. Kelly jumped from the truck to present himself and ask what that men was doing here. While he approached the other companies got to the firehouse. 

Kelly- Hey! Liuetenant Severide, how can I help you Sargeant?

Sarg- I'm just waiting for my sister, it's a surprise, she doesn't even know I'm back from being deployed

Kelly- Who is your sister? I don't recall any women that works here having a military brother...

Sarg- I think she doesn't like to talk about family a lot... And there she is...

Stella- Maaax??????

Max- Hey sis!!!

Stella jumped into his brothers arms. While everyone looked at them confused, no one knew she had a brother. Everyone looked surprised, especially Kelly as he didn't know his wife had a brother, now that he looked at them he could see the resemblance within the pair.

Stella- When did you get back?

Max- Two hours ago... I thought I come see you first, since we havent seen eachother in years...

Stella- That's probably my fault...

Max- Mine too... I see you made lieutenant!

Stella- I see you made Sargeant, congrats...

Herrman- Sorry to interrupt this family reunion, but care to present us Kidd, we didn't even know you had a brother!

Stella- Yeah sorry! Everyone, this is Max, my big brother, and Max this is firehoue 51. 

She proceed to present everyone leaving Kelly for the last one. Actually she waited for everyone to go to the common room, she didn't want this to be as uncomfortable as it was going to be. That left her brother a little confused. Stella didn't know that her husband had already presented himself to her brother. 

Stella- and Max this is...

Max- Lieutenant Severide, we've already met

Stella- He is also my husband, we got married a few months ago... Babe, this is my big brother Max...

Kelly- Nice to meet you man

Max- You too... The last I heard is that you were married to Grant, glad that you divorced that bastard and that you got married again. I'm happy for you!

Stella- Thank you...

Truck 81, Squad  3, ambo 61 structural fire ....

Stella- That's us... hey don't wait around, this seems like a big fire, we could be out for hours... I work at a bar, Molly's, look it up and meet me there tomorrow night!

That fire was brutal and exhausting, when everyone got back they went straight to the showers and to their  bunks. Before falling asleep Stella made a note in her head to talk to her husband about everything. The rest of their shift was full of calls and meetings so she couldn't talk to him. She did notice that he was acting a bit distant towards her. She couldn't blame him, she kept a brother secret this whole time. Their shift ended when truck was returning from a call. When they got to the firestation she noticed that Kelly wasn't there. Herrman told her that he had to run off to the arson investigation unit to help them with the case of the structural fire and that he would drive her home since they got there together the day before. At that point she knew Kelly was avoiding her and was mad or upset. When Herrman dropped her at the loft she thanked him and inmediately went inside and to the shower. She spent an hour under the water, mostly crying for the emotions that were overwhelming her. After that she went to the couch and fell asleep crying. A couple of hours later Kelly got home, they didn't need him anymore for the investigation, turns out it wasn't arson. He also knew he needed to come back home to his wife. He found her in the couch sleeping, he could tell she had been crying. He decided not to wake her up, after all she needed to sleep. He showered and started cooking something. When he was almost finished he saw that Stella was starting to wake up. He finished everything and went to sit by her side. 

Stella- Hey... I thought you would be with the arson guys all day...

Kelly- Turns out they didn't need me, it wasn't arson after all. Plus I wanted to be with my wife... I think we need to talk...

Stella- Yeah... I've been wanting to do that since yesterday... but can we do that while we are eating, because I'm smelling something amazing...

Kelly- Yeah, come on... 

They sat down on the table and started eating. After a couple of minutes, Stella started to tell Kelly everything. From her teenage years to how she became stranged with her brother. 

Stella- I mean, I still love him but after everything that happened... I don't know, it's not the same. We've been in touch by email like two or three times a year... But it's no like before... before our parents died you know...

Kelly- Hey... I'm pretty sure he loves you like you love him. You were the first stop he made when he got here, you just need to reconnect with him and everything will get back to normal. 

Stella- I hope so... So, listen, I have to be at Molly's in half an hour, because It's my turn to do inventory, you wanna come with me, or you wanna meet me there when we open?

Kelly- I'll come with you and make you company, but don't think I will help...

Stella- I know you won't help... but thanks... I need the company... You are amazing and I love you...

Kelly- I love you to... Now go get ready while i finish cleaning everything up.

Stella- Thanks... By the way, Max is coming by tonight... Maybe you two can get to know eachother... I would like that

Kelly- I would like that too... Now get ready or you will be late!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN- Let me know if you like it!