10x22 - 11x01 (4)

It's been three days since Casey gave him the news. He was getting discahrged from the hospital because he was better, but he didn't feel like it. His wife was in a hospital bed, in a coma. She lost too much blood that day. He was a mess. He didn't go home, he went to see her, to hold her hand, because while he was there they didn't let him go up to her floor to visit her because he was too week and they were afraid that he couldn't handle seeing her like that. 

He went up to her floor. The elevator ride seemed like a long one, eventhough it was only for two floors. When he arrived, a nurse showed him to the room where she was staying. When he saw that room, he was paralyzed. There were so many machines, and tubes, and medical things that he didn't know what they were. He was overwhelmed by the view. He saw his badass wife laying in that hospital bed, she looked weak, but in some strange way she also looked like she was fighting to be there, to be with him. He sat on the bed next to her and just holded her hand. He stayed like that for hours, he didn't eat, he just looked at her and sleeped. His dreams were mostly about the possible outcomes of the situation. One was that she never recovered and she died, another one was that she wakes up but doesn't recover from her injuries, and the best one, that she recovers perfectly and they live a long life and have beautiful kids. 

The nurses from that floor slowly got worried about him, when they saw that he was wearing the typical patient bracelet, they reaserched a little about him and they became aware of his situation. And seeing that he wasn't about to leave that chair on that side of the bed, they brought him a more comfortable one that could become a bed if he wanted to, they also brought him some food, that he didn't touch. He spent two days like that, varely eating. So they got in contact with Maggie, because they knew she knew them, and then Maggie got in contact with Casey. He and Brett were there in a couple of hours. After an hour of discussing it with Kelly, Casey managed to get him home, to shower, eat something and sleep in a comfortable bed while Sylvie stayed with Stella. 

He managed to get a couple of hours of sleep at home, but he woke up after he dreamt he had lost her, after that he couldn't sleep anymore and decided to get back to the hospital. When he got there, a doctor was in her room. Instantly his heart started beating faster by the second, because he thought that the doctor had bad news. But when he entered and saw Sylvie's face, he realised that it wasn't. The doctor was there to tell them that she could wake up at any moment. She didn't need the oxygen mask anymore, her blood levels were good, everything seemed good, she was getting better. He let out a breath that he didn't realise he was holding. The doctor left, and after fifteen minutes or so Sylvie did too. He promised her to call with any news. He just sat there holding her hand and kissing it from time to time. He spent all the afternoon like that. He didn't want to close his eyes, to fall asleep, he wanted to see for himself how the love of his life opened her eyes after those horrific days. 

It was already 1 am, and nothing. He was fighting so hard to not fall asleep. He finally did, but he did not let go of her hand. His sleep was light though because at any sound, at any movement he would wake up. A couple of hours later he felt how she squeezed his hand and at that same moment he looked at her eyes and she opened them. When they saw eachother, both of them started to tear up. 

Stella- Kelly... you are okey...

Kelly- Yeah, I'm okey baby... just don't talk now you need to rest... I'm gonna get the doctor...

Stella- No wait... I need to be with  you for a moment... I was so scared...

Kelly- I know... but everything is okey now, you are healing, the cops cought them, they are all dead...

Stella- I don't remember anything past the warehouse...

Kelly- Well... while I was here in bedrest, because of the concussion they caused me, you were admitted and they brought you immediately to surgery... But you had lost a lot of blood, so you been in a coma for some days... 

Stella- Oh my god...

Kelly- Hey, hey... you are okey now, you are safe, there's nothing to worry about. But now let me go get a doctor...

Stella- Okey... 

He went to get the doctor. And just took a moment to himself, to absorb everything that juts happened. It broke him to see her like that but he needed to be strong for her. He also took that time to call Brett and update her, he also asked her to update their firehouse family. When he saw the doctor leave the room, he nooded at him, that was a way of telling him that everything was okey and that she was going to get better. When he entered the room again, he saw Stella looking through the window with tears in her eyes. He called her name, and when she looked at him that's all he needed to know. He went to her side and layed there, just taking her in his arms until she fell asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN- The next chapter will be the last one of this series of oneshot. But if you want me to continue with this storyline, I'm willing to do it. You just have to tell me! I'm hoping you are liking it! <3 :)