Chapter 1

My wings flapped powerfully against the wind, with my silver hair billowing in wet wisps around me due to the sheer force surrounding me, fighting back the torrential downpour of rain. I strained my eyes to see the sight below me and frowned in disgust and slight anger.

The entirety of my surrounding was pitch black, only illuminated by the luminance orbs we brought. The once tall and proud buildings were now razed to the ground slight smoke dissipating until everything was wet with the rain one of my subordinates summoned.

Countless mountains of corpses piled up, their bodies mutilated beyond repair and their features unrecognizable. This was obviously the work of the dwellers of the Abyss. Creatures from different realms in each dimension banished from doing overly heinous deeds that offset the balance in all Aetheria. And this, in front of me was one of them.

The Abyss itself wasn't a realm nor is it part of the three dimensions. It is the void in between all realms. The deep, dark space situated on the outskirts of each realm. No one knows what lies hidden in its darkness but it is clear that you should stay away.

The realm they were on was one of many in Astia. Although a small one, it housed many inhabitants and with their loss, would cause a chain reaction in other surrounding realms. Creating realm holes and cracks. It wasn't a problem if only the inhabitants were executed but with the inclusion of all the plants and everything that could possibly breed life, this realm is already a lost cause.

"You're majesty, how should we clean up this mess?" my second in command, Kai asked. He was a muscular and handsome man with two pairs of wings, black hair like coal and red eyes relative to the royal family of the Freinch Empire, though it had a tinge of orange unlike the direct line of royalty which had ruby red eyes. The reason being that he was a distant cousin.

I glanced at him and sighed. "Do the usual procedures. I'll clean up the corpses. You lot find out if anyone from the Abyss is left and immediately capture them alive to interrogate. We must be vigilant and careful especially since this keeps on happening often times than we could count."

He sighed. "A lot of wars are indeed happening in various realms lately. Your majesty hasn't had a rest in 10 years. Of course, we're the same since we are your subordinates. Life, ah! How cruel."

I just rolled my eyes at him. "Quit yapping and tell the others to hurry, we still need to fix a lot of things after this."

He saluted me and grinned, bringing a light feeling amidst the gloomy atmosphere of death that surrounded us. "Aye, aye Your Majesty!"

Now, it's time to get to work.

I slowly and gracefully landed down the blood soaked ground, my silver boots immediately getting drenched with the mixture of rain and blood. The rusty scent immediately assailed my sensitive nose making my frown deeper. The rain didn't mask the scent the slightest bit and instead made the scent much worse adding the scent of mud and burnt grass.

I looked at the huge pile of corpses in front of me, my frown unknowingly loosening and unknowingly, a sour feeling welled up in my chest.

Even though it's inevitable, I still feel somewhat melancholic...

I endured the discomfort and slowly closed my eyes, evening my breath. I waved my hands slowly, as an indistinct melody drifted out from my lips.

"Life breaths, life bleeds

Let all return to heavens..."

I slowly sung the melody I've sung for the past hundred years of restoring the balance of all realms. All life came from the hands of the God of All Adonai, and to Him all things return.