Chapter 2

"Vannia? How are you? Are you feeling okay now?" A gentle and familiar voice reached my ears just as I forced my eyes to open. It was as if the owner's voice knew that I was just about to wake up. The voice was warm just like the gentle sunlight that drifted in from my bedside window, making me want to indulge at the moments peace.

"Freya?"

I questioned as I groggily got up and pushed the blanket aside, rubbing my eyes as my mind began to clear.

Oh, right. I had something I wanted to tell her.

Freya looked at me worriedly, her red eyes tinged with concern.

I sighed and decided to appease her obvious worries. "I'm fine. How can I not be?" I replied with a roll of my eyes yet my expression softened. Freya was the most gentle person I know besides my mother, in contrast to my own often times reckless and war seeking personality. But to be honest, war was the only way to vent my pent up frustration of life and the reason why she was so worried about me was because she knew. Or maybe she's just worried about me for the very same reason--I was often not around for ten years.

Freya smiled knowingly yet didn't comment. "I heard from our elder brothers that you wanted to talk to me."

I nodded. Then, I got out of my bed and motioned for us to sit down the sofa not so far away.

"I have something for you. As well as something I want to say."

I looked at my twin sister's face full of confusion and sighed. I rummaged my soul space in search for that thing and as soon as it appeared in my palm, my sister's face was shocked.

Well, that was to be expected.

"Y-you...why...why is half of your Silvarian crystal in that orb?" Freya asked, her eyes wide open with shock and incredulity, seeing the half-lotus shaped multicolored crystal encased in a transparent orb barrier.

The reason why my sister reacted in such fashion wasn't surprising. Each Celestian had a flower representing their powers buried in their souls but the flowers of gods were different; they were crystal, shaped like flowers. And that crystal flower was the source of their unmatched power. Meaning, the half crystal lotus in my hand was tied to my life.

I smiled wryly. "This is a precaution in case something happens to me and you're the only person whom I could trust without any hesitation." I replied her, staring into her eyes and gazing at her face which had an uncanny resemblance to mine.

"You're going to give that to me?...W-why so suddenly and to such great lengths?" Freya asked with her ruby red eyes widening in incomprehension, hesitating to receive such precious thing. Seeing that I was gesturing for her to receive it, It was obvious to me she was doubtful and puzzled as to why I was doing this.

Seeing that she was hesitant, I held on to it for the mean time and looked outside the clear windows, gazing at he vast expense of greenery and roses outside. I felt strangely calm. Maybe it's because I was with my twin sister, or maybe it's because I know this moment was precious--the tranquility before the storm.

"I already heard the news that Father already arranged my marriage for me." I stated with a calm and even voice. I inwardly thought that the reason I was so calm was probably because I've long known this was going to happen at some point of my seemingly long and never ending life. Yet, somewhere deep within me, a tiny and miniscule feeling of distress came but it disappeared even before I could fully grasp it.

"What?! How can that be? How come I didn't know of it?" Freya exclaimed, standing up in indignation. "I'm going to tell father and stop him."

Her expression showed her anger and exasperation and was about to walk and open the door but I stopped her.