Chapter 5

After that moment in the West Wing's balcony, Onomaterasu suddenly called for a meeting that required all the twelve major gods to attend. Both Alouence and I came to the meeting room together and without any hesitation, he directly sat next to me instead of sitting next to his best friend Onomaterasu like he usually did.

I understood his actions because we were now engaged but his actions definitely brought a lot of shock towards the rest of the gods and goddesses, since we didn't announce our engagement to the public yet.

I tapped my fingers on the marbled table in front of me as I gazed up front towards Onomaterasu who was speaking.

"Due to the rising casualties and destruction of realms, we have no choice but to dispatch some gods in areas where most of these incidents happened to see if their destruction can be prevented somewhat. We can't just let Silvannia and the Freinch Empire do the work themselves."

I just remained my stoic expression, even at the mention of my name. It wasn't as if it was the first time my name was mentioned at meetings. Being the Goddess of Realms, I held the majority of the responsibility for maintaining all the realms, after all. It was also a given that because I came from Freinch, my subordinates were mostly from there too.

"The player is right. For the past hundred years, only the Freinch Empire had taken care of the rising anomalies in the entirety of Aetheria, it's about time we help them." Aesira, the Goddess of Battle spoke.

I looked at her in surprise. It wasn't in my expectations that she'd speak up at a time like this. Usually, she just sat at these meetings with a bored expression and fiddling with her nails.

She also stared at my direction and winked. That action almost made me laugh out loud. Aesira was one of the few goddesses I could get along with. Probably because we both take care of military matters, we often sparred with each other. Not to mention she was the only daughter of Milheld, the God of War and my mentor from way back when. He's now retired from being the God of War though.

I scanned everyone in the room randomly and from the corner of my eye, I noticed one God who had a black face frowning and trying to open his mouth to speak but before he can do so, Onomaterasu suddenly slapped the table loudly which made me quite shocked, not to mention everyone else.

"The heck you sissy! For what reason did you suddenly do that?!" Aesira exclaimed, not hiding her rude insult towards Onomaterasu.

Before anyone can get angry at her behavior, it was actually quite normal for her to react that way. The Goddess of Battle was known to be normally aloof but no one really knows why she reacts extremely towards the God of Light Onomaterasu. I can only speculate that the annoying god somehow provoked this normally indifferent goddess, and badly at that.

Onomaterasu scratched the back of his head and sighed. I had a gut feeling his actions were related to the frowning god earlier but I can't be too sure of that.

Onomaterasu didn't reply to Aesira's rude question and immediately proceeded to inform us of the detailed plan he already organized. It was decided that each major gods were to work in pairs. Excluding the gods of both past and future as well as of Onomaterasu since he will be left in charge of the Celeste, nine major gods were left for this job. It was unfortunate for Delmar, the God of the Seas and my cousin though, since he will be venturing out alone.

"Are you feeling alright, Silvannia?" a deep and familiar voice gently asked me.

I turned to my side and looked at Alouence and nodded before walking once again. "I'm fine."

"If you don't mind, would you like to have tea with me? I heard from the others you liked having tea at this hour." as he asked, I noticed a slight trace of nervousness in his expression.