Chapter 4

Looking at the slowly visible golden double doors leading to the balcony, I didn't notice until much later that I had held my breath in nervousness. Maybe it's because I am slightly apprehensive or maybe it's because I don't know what to expect.

I shook my head and laughed internally. Seriously, why am I acting this way.

The moment I arrived in front of the doors, I couldn't help thinking as to what Alouence's reaction to our engagement would be. Perhaps he feels mad? Is he opposed or was he resigned? We weren't really that close even though we took office in the same place. We also really don't know much about each other with the exception of childhood memories a hundred years ago or that our families had ties and the fact that we were both gods. Other than that, we could almost be described as strangers to each other.

I erased the thoughts from my head and proceeded to open the huge doors in front of me.

The sun vaguely blinded me for a moment, making me squint my eyes uncomfortably before seeing my fiance's tall figure.

He was standing with his eyes closed and with the sunlight illuminating his tall form. His slightly long hair was swept by the breeze and had a slight blue glow due to the light reflecting off of it. His lips were pursed and through my keen vision, I noticed a barely discernible sigh.

He seemed to have noticed me and immediately, a gorgeously handsome face with the most beautiful blue eyes turned and looked straight at me.

I blinked at him first and funnily enough, he followed my actions. He seemed to be as surprised as I am and unbeknownst to me, I smiled slightly. He must have been in really deep thought not to have noticed my arrival.

"Y-you-"

I walked further towards him and observed. Seeing his face full of bewilderment, it was a wonder as to why I thought of him as aloof all these years.

"You called for me?"

Realizing that he was acting quite silly, he cleared his throat and replied in a deep voice, "Yes."

He motioned for me to come closer and I did. I went and stood right next to him, just in front of the balcony's intricately carved railing.

I placed my palms at the top of the railing and looked towards the scenery right in front of us, overlooking the vast plains of Celeste. He also did the same, looking at the scenery like me.

"I heard that you agreed to the engagement. Aren't you reluctant in marrying someone you barely know?"

His voice was deep and beautiful as he asked me that question, the words slightly tuned down due to the breeze yet I heard it nonetheless.

"Well, to say I'm not reluctant would be false but all I can say is that I do not mind it." I replied to him frankly and looked down at my hands, as if mesmerized by each joint and how slender they were. It wasn't necessary to sugar-coat words.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him glance down as well, frowning.

"That's reasonable."

I don't know the exact reason but his reply made me smile a bit.

"What about you? Why did you agree to the engagement?"

Hearing my question, he looked up and this time, he stared straight at me, his eyes holding an unknown glint to them, almost like the sunshine kissing the surface of the ocean.

It was breathtaking.

His lips slowly bent into a smile, making his whole visage brighter and emphasizing his superior features.