four

"On the first day? I didn't know I could get in trouble that soon." I gave an innocent smirk, leaning against a desk behind me.

Professor Hiddleston chuckled, "No, of course not dear." He waved his hand, walking behind his wooden desk that faced the array of student ones. Pulling a paper from his desk, he walked back over to me. "I've heard a lot about you from Aaron-" he paused, "Your brother, Mr. Johnson." I nodded, taking the pamphlet.

"He said you liked to write and have been working on a book lately. This is a writing convention where you can find authors and get revision help." I laughed, "And you just had this on hand?"

He shrugged, "I just thought you could get a headstart." Smiling, I carefully placed the folded paper into my bag. "Well, thank you. I'll definitely look into it."

An awkward silence ensued between us. It looked like he was about to say something when suddenly the door flew open, groups of students flooding in for his next block.

"I'll uh, see you tomorrow."
"Yes!" He smiled, "See you then."

"Alright, Professor."

I started to walk out just when he called my name. Turning back, I could feel heat rise to my cheeks as his blue eyes gazed into my green ones.
"Just uh..you can pick up Jayne Eyre in the student library for free if you don't want to buy the copy."

The small smile that had grown fell from my face. I stepped aside as students crowded the aisles and shuffled into desks.
"Thanks.." Mumbling, I walked up and away from Professor Hiddleston. I could feel his eyes on the back of my head until the door shut behind me.

At least now I could go back to mine and Flo's dorm an rant about my day.
_

Well at least I thought I could. Florence had plans with Scarlett after her last class. So I was alone with no one to talk to. It didn't help that the only people I knew on campus were Flo, my brother, Scarlett, and my own teachers.

It felt like middle school all over again, when Flo left. I knew she was only supposed to be gone a couple hours. But I missed the annoying tendencies of my best friend already.

Sitting on my bed, reading the book Professor Hiddleston had assigned us, I heard a knock at the door.

I've never been really paranoid but we were in New York now. Not a small town in Oregon- as Aaron liked to remind me over and over.

"Uhm. Who is it?" I shouted, picking up a metal can from my desk; as if it would scare an intruder.

"It's Lizzie!!" My brows pinched. "I showed you around this morning!" She exclaimed again, suspecting my silence for confusion.

Her face suddenly came to mind as I remembered who she was. "oh, yeah." Throwing the can in the garbage, I opened the door. There Lizzie was, standing in the door with that huge smile on her face. Was she always happy?

I didn't mind it to be honest. Her constant cheeriness was a nice break from the swarm of anxiety in my mind.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Well, I'm not really supposed to do this BUT since it's your first day and I could see the look of anguish on your face when you walked through the lounge..." I chuckled, leaning on the door as I listened to her.

"I got some pizza from the cafeteria with my RA discount. You wanna share?" I stood up straight, seeing her pull the large dominos box from out behind her.

"Hell yes." I nodded, opening the door wider so she could slip through.

"So is what we're doing illegal or?...." I questioned, moving some things on my desk so she could place the box down.

"Not illegal just..illegitimate." Closing the door I thought for a second, "That's just another word for illegal."
She laughed, "Okay well I'm not really supposed to buy much with my discount. Let alone share it."

Placing a slice on a spare paper plate, I nodded. "You do know it's just pizza..right?"

She rolled her eyes, sitting in my black roller-chair. "I know. That's why I'm sharing it with you."

"Why me?" I asked, plopping down on my bed.

"Because I feel like I can trust you."
I ate a bite, picking up the remote to the small 32' tv I had installed into the wall. "Again. why me?"

"Your nice and I know your brother. He's nice as well. I'd like to be friends if you don't have any other candidates."

Laughing, I pressed a couple buttons on the tv before turning to Lizzie. "I don't see why not."
"Great!" She smiled, looking at the Tv. "Ooh!" She pointed, "Let's watch f.r.i.e.n.d.s!!"

"You like this show?" She nodded.
I pressed play, starting on the one where Joey got his head stuck in a Turkey.
"I think we'll be good friends."