7 ~ Midari Ikishima x Blind reader

Requested by: SpicyH 

(Note: Midari is kind of soft in this story)

It was a quiet morning as you were walking the halls. You moved your stick left and right, the feeling of your stick against the tiles made you uneasy. You moved the stick off the ground and held it in both hands, you continued walking the halls. You liked the risk of not feeling anything a lot, it got frustrating when somebody would hold you and guide you or then they tell you to use your stick.

You heard some talking from your right so you turned that way and walked forward. You held your hand in front of yourself. You felt the texture of a wooden door, you slid your hand down to find the handle. You felt it go down and with a pull you fell inside of the room. You felt a pair of hands around your waist. "Miss. (L/n), I'd really suggest that you walk with your stick again." A calm voice said. You back up and crossed your arms. You didn't say anything, since you knew that voice all to well. Your ex Yuriko Nishinotouin, was facing you. You flinch when you felt a hand on your shoulder. "So your stick fell, so here I guess?" Another voice said, you moved your head around. "She's blind Ikishima." Yuriko said, you rolled your eyes.

Midari placed your stick in your hands as the others left. "Isn't this an unexpected surprise?" The president said. You furrowed your eyebrows, grabbing your stick firmly. "How is your brother?" The president asked. You started to shake. Your brother is a housepet, he already graduated and has lived up to his life plan. "He's well, at least that's what I heard. He's been busy." You respond, the president smiled. "That's good, I'm looking forward to what the two of you become." The president said as she walked past you. "Wait, my brother and I or whoever is in front of me?" You ask, Kirari just giggled and shrugged. "I don't know." She walked to her class, which left you with a person Midari Ikishima.

"So, do you want to walk to class?" Midari spoke, you sigh. "No I'm good, but if I may ask. Who are you?" You ask. "Oh, uhm! I'm Midari Ikishima, so what's your name?" Midari said. "I'm (Y/n) (L/n), I'll see you around Ikishima." You said, Midari watched you leave to your class.

After class you were gambling against a first year, despite your blind it looks like your winning. Gambling as a blind person was quite hard, so a friend had to whisper your cards in your ear. You said that it was not needed, but sometimes people did it anyway or insisted that they play for you. You remembered what the president has said, it shattered you that you couldn't help your sibling. And then the break up with Yuriko made it even worse, your world became emptier. This is why you became so addicted to not feeling where you were or if you were falling or not.

The gamble ended and you had won, the first year was in tears. You knew that feeling all too well, the feeling of losing it all. You didn't say anything and left the poor girl suffer in the crowd, that had their eyes on you. You walked to the lily field, you sat down. you silently started crying, you felt so empty and guilty. Gambling has brought you nothing but guilt, but yet you still continue. You didn't wish to see like most blind people, it would make your trauma even worse.

You heard your brother lose, you promised that you would get him out of it. But instead he played a dangerous game, in the exact same field. A tower higher than the trees, he chose the wrong door and fell to his death, you felt it, heard it and smelled it. you haven't slept in days after the event, Kirari's voice has haunted your mind. She laughed at your state, at your brothers death and your emptiness. Yuriko followed her, she couldn't care any less about your brother and your mental state. It made you boil, you promised that you'd get back at everyone that proved you wrong.

You heard steps, you dried your tears and stood up. "Hey, please don't leave!" The voice called out, you remember. It was the voice from this morning, it calmed you down. "I heard something, so I came to check. I didn't think it would be you out of all people." The girl said as she came closer. "I saw you gamble, it was amazing! We should gamble some-" Midari cut herself off as she heard you sniffle. "Hey! Are you okay!?" Midari asked as she turned you around. You pulled your hands out of hers and turned your head the other way. "It's nothing, really." You said, your voice was breaking from the crying. "If it's about Yuriko, you can tell me. She has changed and we all have noticed." Midari said, you were confused. "You might be confused, but Yuriko has been really conflicted lately, especially when Yumeko called her out. She even mentioned your relationship together." Midari said, this made you feel a little better.

After a talk about how much Yuriko has changed, you calmed down. The two of you were sitting in the field, facing the tower. The two of you heard a door open, you stood up and walked over in that direction. You heard muttering from above and started to panic, heard nothing and then you heard something fall down. You heard the president and her secretary talking, you were still shaking. Midari has caught up to you, she looked at the scene with the president and Sayaka. She looked over at you, you were smiling and crying.

"Did you hear that?" You whispered, you placed your hand on your chest. "I want to try that!" You said, Midari was shocked. She was crazy about death, but there was someone worse than she was. "Just think about it! You can't feel anything around you, only when you hit the floor." You said, you wanted this suffering to end. "Wait, what!" Midari said, you were searching for a door.

Midari grabbed your arm, you didn't stop smiling. Tears were rolling over your cheeks as you tried to get out her grip. "Let go!" You yelled, Midari was crying. "No! Stop this!" Midari yelled back. She couldn't believe what she was saying, she wouldn't stop anyone from dying, why was this suddenly different? "Nobody would care!" You said, your voice was broken and you stopped fighting. "I'd care!" Midari said, you sobbed. You haven't heard those words in ages. "I liked you for a long time! Even when you were dating Yuriko! Please, give a chance!" Midari begged, she let go of your arm. Leaving you to decide, you walked over her. Midari walked up to you and held you close.

 You held her shoulder and calmed yourself down, Midari planted a kiss on top of your head and played with your hair. You heard a couple of footsteps around the two of you. "Who could've thought that Ikishima and (L/n) would be together?" The president spoke. "Who and (L/n)?" Yumeko smiled, Sayaka just shook her head. "Well, I mean (L/n) hasn't given Ikishima an answer yet." Yumeko said, you thought about it. "Well, what's going to be your answer?" The president smirked. "Fine, I'll give you a chance." You said, you felt your face heating up while you said that.

Suddenly you felt you were being thrown in the air and felt a pair of hands around you again. "N-never do that again!" You said, everyone started laughing. "What!" You said, Midari spoke up. "You said you liked the feeling of nothing around you and falling." Your face was heating up again. "Whatever" You mumble as you burried your face in her torso.