Chapter 12

-------Sabre's POV------

It felt like he was floating. Spinning in a circle with his eyes glued shut.

There was a quiet almost buzzing noise and an annoying clock ticking sound.

Sabre forced his eyes open and saw nothing but a white void, not menacing yet not comforting.

A shiver went through him as he realised he was just floating around as if there were no gravity.

There was a black flash and Sabre felt pain stabbing through him.
Ow! What was that?

Just as quick as it came, the pain vanished and left Sabre even more confused.

The buzzing noise came again and Sabre looked around for the source.
After a moment, Sabre looked down at his arm and saw why the buzzing was happening.

From his fingertips to just under his elbow, were an almost glitched out look.

He frowned, watching it disappear when the buzzing wasn't happening and reappear when the noise came back.

Sabre decided to ignore it, as he had just felt something that was like feathers.

His wings were now curled around him as if protecting him. Sabre smiled, amused at how because everything was almost weightless in whatever place this was that he hadn't realised that his wings were out.

Hold on.

Was that a voice?

Sabre glanced around, swearing he just heard a whisper but couldn't make out what it was saying.

He heard it again, this time it came with words.

"Sabre! Sabre! Can you hear me?! Are you alright?!" It was faint, and kept repeating over and over again.

Wait.

If his wings were out, wouldn't the person talking to him see them?!

Panic shot through him and Sabre spun around even quicker, looking for a way out.

How do I wake up?!?!

Sabre felt yet another strike of pain and let out a yelp.

The pain seemed to jolt him awake and Sabre opened his eyes to see Time crouched next to him with a concerned look.

"Sabre!" Time cried out happily.

He could vaguely see a fight going on nearby, but he ignored it.

"Ow...everything hurts." Sabre chuckled quietly, trying to sit up but was gently pushed back down by Time.

"Don't try to get up, that might make things worse." Time glanced at the fighting behind him, and now Sabre could see that it was Light and Rainbow fighting.

Sabre nodded. He wanted to get up but if it would make the already painful pain worse, then he wouldn't.

"Dear Origin, you're burnt all over!" Time glanced at Sabre and exclaimed in horror.

Sabre was confused for a moment, before looking down at his body to see lightning burns all over him.
I guess that was a powerful blast, I should've expected something like this to happen.

Time was looking at Sabre with pity shining in his eyes.
Then Time's gaze wandered to something on Sabre's back.

MY WINGS!!!
Sabre remembered his panic about having his wings out earlier, and he turned to look.

Yep. His wings were out.

Oh Origin, this is going to be hard to explain.

"Uhhh...Sabre?? What's on your..." Time trailed off, pointing to Sabre's wings.

Think, think, think!! What do I say? Oh! I know!

"Uhmm. Well, it's a side-effect of dying and coming back? I guess they kinda came out as an instinct to kinda try to protect myself??" Sabre shrugged, feeling relieved as Time nodded and smiled.

"That's actually really cool. They're really pretty as well!" Time smiled, staring at the wings with awe.

Sabre felt a bit nervous and embarrassed.
Then he remembered something.

"Wait, where's Void?"

Time blinked at him. "He went to do something when Rainbow and Light started fighting."

"That's totally not concerning." Sabre muttered sarcastically.
He sat up a little more and glanced in Light's direction.

Rainbow was now crouched down, glaring up at Light with an angry glint in his eyes from the Darkness.
Light stood over him, clutching a bleeding wound on his shoulder.

Rainbow turned to glare at Sabre.
Sabre shuddered, and for a second there it looked like Rainbow's eyes softened a bit and looked more scared than angry.

Is he trying to fight the Darkness? A flicker of hope sparked, but Rainbow turned back to Light with the darkness glint again.

Sabre sighed, glancing at Light.

Lightning struck around Light, narrowly missing him.

He gasped and leapt back, glaring as Void appeared.

Void grinned at them and then held up two things.

"The Crystals!" Time exclaimed in horror.

Void held the Blue Crystal and the Indigo Crystal.

"No!" Sabre called and tried to stand up, but staggered and ended up leaning against Time for support.

"Hah, you can barely stand Sabre, you think you can get these back? No way. I'll be seeing you later with the rest of the Crystals!" Void laughed as lightning spawned on both him and Rainbow and they disappeared in a flash of light.

Light grumbled and walked over to them, still clutching the wound on his shoulder.
"Are you alright, Sabre?" Concern filled his voice.

"I'm fine, are you alright?" Sabre asked the question right back.

Light frowned. "I'm fine, we should get you to the Green Leader for healing."

"Noooooo, I'm fine, don't worryyyyy!!!" Sabre protested as Time and Light (gently) dragged him to the leader.

-----------

Hope you guys liked this chapter!

I decided to draw Time Steve so here he is:

Non-shaded version: