Chapter 23

- Sabre's POV -

Shadow's angry scream echoed through his head, but soon it faded to nothingness.

He couldn't see anything. It was just white.

When it felt like he moved his hand in front of his face, he couldn't see it.

I'm not blind. It's like the lightning I shot has taken over the whole world.

Sabre took a deep breath. He couldn't tell as he couldn't see anything, but it felt that he reached out his working arm and clenched his fist.

Crackling sounds and thunderous noises slowly grew louder, and Sabre noticed the pure whiteness was draining.

Replacing it, was what looked to be the real world.

Sabre grinned, excitement filling his heart.

He glanced at his arms, which were absorbing the lightning back into himself.

"Didn't know I had that in me." Sabre whispered to himself, smiling gleefully, "This will be useful against Void."

Sabre looked up as he heard shouts.
He glanced around before noticing he was on a large hill, and that at the bottom of the hill were a group of armoured people.

They were looking up at him, some pointing at him.

Sabre lifted his working hand and waved. "Hey!" He hoped they were friendly.

He squinted, realising that the armour was completely white and grey.
Are they Colourless Guards?

They had similar armour, but it looked more intimidating and more defensive to the Steves inside. As if they were defending themselves against a very powerful Steve.

"Probably Void." He murmured to himself.

The Guards hadn't moved from where they had stopped.
None had waved back to him, which Sabre thought was because they were on duty and probably needed to be professional.

Sabre smiled and started to walk down towards them.

He stopped when an arrow imbedded itself in the ground just in front of his foot.

"Stop right there!" One of the Colourless Guards shouted.
Sabre froze, staring at him in surprise.

Before he could respond, the same Colourless Guard spoke again.
"You're under arrest for crimes against the Rainbow Kingdom!"

Sabre's mouth dropped open in shock.
"What?!" He eventually responded, "What did I do?"

The Colourless Guards slowly approached, spears, swords and bows and arrows pointed at him.

Sabre glanced around in fear and confusion as they surrounded him.

A Colourless Guard stepped forward, and Sabre presumed he was the one talking earlier, and the one who was leading this group.

"What did you do?" The Colourless Guard repeated Sabre's words, his voice sounding cold and menacing, "What did you do?! You are a merciless killer! Did you think that because you can smile and wave, we would instantly forgive you?!"

Sabre flinched back, but paused when he felt the tip of a spear pressing against his back.
"I...I didn't..." Sabre stammered.

"You didn’t what? You didn't kill countless innocents? You didn't destroy villages and cities? You didn't join the Darkness?" The Guard snarled, pure hatred in his voice.

"What? I don't remember any of that! I wouldn't do any of that! My friends would understand!" Sabre protested.

"Your friends? You betrayed everyone when you tried to kill all of us!" The Guard yelled.

"Let me speak to Light! He'll understand!" Sabre yelled back.

The Guard reached towards his helmet, tugging it off.

Sabre inhaled sharply when he saw the face behind the helmet.

Light glared back at him, the only difference in his face being a few scars and a furious expression.
"You are talking to Light."

----

Yet another short Chapter lol

Hope you enjoyed it!

Have a good day/night and stay safe!