Chapter 18

---Time's POV---

He sighed as he closed the door to Sabre's room.

Sabre had fallen asleep a little while after he had told the group Rainbow was dead, but Time knew it wasn't going to be a peaceful sleep, but Sabre needed it.

Time entered the living room, where Light and Elemental were sitting on the couch with sad expressions.

"What do we tell the Leaders?" Light sighed after a moment of silence. 

"Nothing." Elemental muttered at the same time Time said "Everything."

They all glanced between eachother before Time spoke.

"I would hate to let them know, but they have to. We can't just pretend that Rainbow is still alive. And they'd find out sooner or later. We have to let them know so they can prepare for the threat of a crystal-powered Void, because he will be attacking soon." Time frowned and Elemental chuckled.

"Sabre got a few good blows on Void though. He won't be attacking immediately." Elemental smiled, and Time gave him a small smile back.

"That's really the only good news. Void knows Sabre has powers now, has the crystals and killed Rainbow, so there's nothing much to be celebrating." Light murmured, sinking further into the couch as if trying to hide himself.

Time shook his head sadly. "Well, we need to plan our next stage of action." Time sat down next to the two.

Elemental sat up. "Attack them immediately while they're still recovering!"

"We're still recovering as well, Elemental. There's no upper hand here." Light glanced at him, moving his hand away from his nose from where he had been pinching his nose bridge in frustration.

"Oh." Elemental blinked, and then sank back into his seat with a few annoyed grumbles, "Yeah..."

Time and Light both sighed. 

"We don't have much to go off on. Void, Corruption and Soul are recovering, but we're also not in the best shape for fighting. Sabre has to recover from the fireball he got straight to the face...and we all have to recover from...Rainbow's...passing." Time trailed off, another wave of sadness hitting the group at the mention of their now recently deceased friend.

Light's eyes drifted downwards to settle on the carpet on the ground in front of him, a sad and faraway look replacing the thoughtful but annoyed look he had had for most of the conversation.

Then his eyes lit up and he glanced back up at the brothers.
"I might have an idea."

-----

Time watched as Light addressed the rows of Colourless Guards and other powerful Steves, talking about the plan and how they should react in case things go the wrong way.

Light had the brilliant idea of gathering the forces of the Colourless Guards, and when they had told almost everything to the Leaders they had offered to recruit more willing Steves to join the fight.
The Orange Leader himself had joined the fight to get revenge for his friend's murder.

Time grinned as he saw Elemental in the rows of Guards, seeming excited to fight back against Void but also not liking the armour that he had been forced to put on (he had managed to negotiate for his arms and head to be free for the bulky army but that was all. Even Time himself had to admit that he wouldn't enjoy wearing that armour either, which gave him a even more respect to the already respectable Colourless Guards.)

Time was going to join the fight as well, but had already been through the plan a million times with Light and the Leaders, so he didn't need to hear it again.