Chapter 4 - Practice

Ten years had passed since Misha reincarnated.

Back in her previous world; reincarnation, magic, monster, devil, and God, all of them just fantasy tales that exist in books and stories.

Countless days laying weakly in bed, Misha hoping they exist, somewhere outside there. However, until her death in that world, no matter how much she searching in internet, reading numerous news and books, or watching all kind mystery show in tv, Misha never found any of their existence for real.

In that world, she died with regret.

Yet, here she is.

Ironically, after her death, she's reborn in the world where those things exist.

She realized, the things she always searched couldn't found in her previous world, but her current world.

Misha wasn't born with her previous memory. Her previous live awakened in her fifth.

When her memory restored, Misha excitedly welcomed her new life, planning to make up the regrets in previous life, that's the five old Misha thought.

However, reality is cruel mistress.

Because of book she read, Misha has rather sweet looks about life of another world.

After she traced the memory of her current life, Misha greatly disappointed. Misha born as unknown villager girl in a fatherless family.

The fact she is a girl greatly shocked her. In her previous life, Misha clearly remembered she was a man. She thought wouldn't regret anymore, yet she already regretted at first step of her new life.

Being live in family without father is harsh. Misha often experiencing hunger as her mother poor and could barely earning the needs of their family. In such circumstance, Misha forced to hard labor work that unsuited to little girl.

Fortunately, even though they're poor, they blessed with kind neighbor and friend. Often times their neighbor and friend would come to give them a bit support. Misha and her mother can live in harmony despite being poor.

Despite harsh life, Misha didn't complain. For once, having a healthy body was all matter to her, as her previous-self can just lay weakly on the bed all of time because of sickness.

Life was tough, but Misha walked throughout it with smile. Secretly, she learned various thing about common sense and literature. There she found about Magist.

Magic.

Something that not exist in her previous. Something she yearned as reincarnator.

Aspired to became Magist, to become stronger, let her and her mother escape from her current harsh life. Misha determined to become Magist.

Fate said otherwise.

At sixth, Misha's mother fell sick and died.

That's the toughest set back she received in her previous and new life.

Misha fallen to sorrow and despair knowing the most important in this life was gone.

For Misha, her mother who always give her affection and security in this unknown world, is very important family and guardian.

As her mother gone, Misha felt insecurity. Being an orphan in the current world is dangerous.

From Misha approximation, she reborn in some kind middle age fantasy-esque world.

Misha comprehended the ruthless fate of the orphan in this world with her meager knowledge. Without parent protection, children would become easy prey for all kind malicious.