Chapter 10 - Stranded in the Woods

A pair of little boy and girl rummaging the wreckage at riverside. Their fine clothes were drenched and tattered after being drifted in water. Though, their state strangely fine despite the ordeal.

"How far do you think we are, Arc?" (Misha)

"Hmm..." (Arc)

Ask little girl to little boy.

Arc thinking a while, then weakly shook his head at her question.

Misha slumped down.

They ransacking the thing that once a carriage after wrecked beyond recognize by beasts and water. Checking and taking any belongings left from ordeal.

"How is it?" (Misha)

"The foods and clothes fortunately safe." (Arc)

"Thanks goodness. With this, we wouldn't have afraid starved or naked in forest." (Misha)

"Yeah..." (Arc)

With them secured their basic necessity, Arc and Misha were at least avoided their worst predicament.

"So, how far do you think?" (Misha)

Misha repeats her question.

"...I truly don't know." (Arc)

"Just give me the rough estimation." (Misha)

Crossing his Arm, Arc facing the river while in deep thought. He roughly calculates their distance from caravan and gave Misha his answer.

The flow of river they were fall was heavy. Fortunate or unfortunately, the river quite deep as carriage stop rolling after plunged in and smoothly drifted on water. Arc and Misha couldn't escape from river, as their strength drained and the current too swift. They could only see themselves drifted on water.

Hours been passed by time the flow slowed down and they managed berth on riverside.

The scenery around very different. The woods and weeds seemed denser, strong presence of dread come from forest depth, and there isn't any sign of intelligent civilization. It's very likely Arc and Misha were dragged into deepest site of forest.

Calculating all those circumstances, Arc found they didn't have hope to return to caravan. He doubting they would stay still there just to wait them return.

Misha weakly sighed after hear his analysis.

Misha didn't question Arc. she trusts at his judgment. Even though she had superior education from another world, Arc better than her in term mental calculation. He could answer many arithmetic just in slightly thought before she could answer. Arc was better than her in term of calculation and prediction.

"How supposed we get out here then?" (Misha)

"How we follow back the river?" (Arc)

"...You think following the river could get us return?" (Misha)

"Maybe... if we could find our trail, we can return to main road." (Arc)

River flowing one way. As long Arc and Misha follow river backward, they definitely could find their trail when they dragged by monsters, and lead them back to main road.

In addition, Duke Saffron must have sent search team for them. It's very possible they'd meet the search team if they trail back the river.

"Let's prepare then." (Misha)

Arc and Misha packed all they could in their small bag and Spatial Bag. They changed their wears to dry and easy to move clothes, then took out their weapon. Arc fastening his sword on his back, while Misha firmly held her sledgehammer in her arm.