1: heels on both sides of the island

"John B kissed me."

'What the hell' you might think, right? Well at least that's what I thought as I looked at the sun kissed goddess of Kiara in front of me with shocked eyes.

"What? Ho- Whe- wait, what the f-" was all I could form out as I processed the piece of information she just dropped as we were walking.

-

Let's reel back a little.

It all started with a storm, a hurricane, Agatha, to be exact. And the fact that John B's dad went missing in the sea.

Who even gets missing in the sea these days?

We went to the marsh, found a boat, an expensive one. Snooped a little bit, at some point found John B's dad's compass, which lead us to the light house and them apparently kissing.

As if my life wasn't weird and complicated enough with them, especially these last few days. I am a kook, like full on kook. My parents never had to live on the cut and crawl they're way to figure 8. I'm not saying that they, we, don't deserve everything we have, they still worked their asses off for that everything we own. And I like it. But, yes there's always a but.

As I go to 'Kook Academy', my best friends don't. I best friended Kie in ninth  grade, though only after her fall down with Sarah. And as to Sarah, we've always been friends. I don't exactly know what went down between them, I mean I've heard the rumors, but you never know, it's rich kids we're talking about after all.

I never picked sides. Kiara is my best friend and Sarah is also, maybe not my best friend, but a friend still. We've known since we were little, and she isn't actually that bad of a bimbo you'd think. I hang out most if my time with her, but ever since she got together with Topper, she was less, free for me. So for the last at least four months before summer, I hung out with Kie and the boys. I mean I've ever since ninth grade hung out with them, at least three times a weak, but lately it's like everyday.

So this is where all the complications step in. I have heels in both sides of OBX.

Y/N Y/L/N, kook by blood, or some shit, and more or less pogue by heart.

-

"I know." She said a little nervous. "But I, like, don't want it to be weird between us or anything, you know."

"Yeah I guess, did you tell him that?" I asked as I turned my head to her.

"I think so." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"What do you mean you think so?"

"I don't know, it was awkward and then Shoupe showed up and- OMG!"

"What?" I once again turned towards her now stopping.

"I need to call my dad. He!" She just said as if I was supposed to play a guessing game and guess the rest. "John B got arrested."

"Oh- Shit"

"Yeah."

She called her dad and surprisingly she got him to bail him out.

We walked to the wreck to meet her dad and he dropped me off on their way to the station.

"Thanks for the ride Mr. B" I said quickly and mouthed Kie for good luck and gave her a pity look as I walked to the door.

"Bye!" She yelled from the window of their car as his dad made his way out of our driveway.

-

I didn't even get to my room when my phone blew up from messages.

at least 30 from Sarah.