17: Shit Shit Shit

So, we didn't find John b, instead, we dropped Pope off after a heated argument between him and Kie at the dock of Tannyhill.

The atmosphere was pained and silent, Kie was sobbing, and I was shaking sitting on the bow hugging my knees Rafe beside me and JJ on the steer.

We went back to the chateau and staid the night there, oh and yeah John B was there all along. It was a bit tight for five people, as usually I'd be home, but considering my home situation, no.

"Thing's got pretty heated today." Rafe said caressing my back as we laid in the hammock, "We haven't had a chance to talk properly today."

"I know." I whispered giving him a kiss on his jaw, "How are you?" I asked and a soft smile creeped his lips.

"Now? I have you in my arms, I've never been better." He said with a little teasing tone and a kiss on my head.

"You know, you have nothing to be worried about, right? I'm your's." I said referring to the conversation I eavesdropped earlier. And I slightly looked up seeing his confused look mixed with a little embarrassment, "I may or may not have over heard your and JJ's little conversation earlier.

He blushed as he tried to hide his embarrassed smile by looking up and away. I pulled his face back by his yaw as I gave him a light peck, "I love you." I whispered into the kiss which he responded with a smile and more deepened kiss.

"I'm not gonna do it in a hammock." I laughed out as he started to move his hand up under my shirt trying to get to the strings of my bikini top as he teasingly started to kiss my neck.

"Fine, your loss." He finally laughed out as I didn't give in and I just let out a laughter

-

We were all sitting on the pier just chill', enjoying the sun chattering whenever a subject was brought on.

"So, this whole summer you guys have been, well, on a treasure hunt?" Rafe asked, as we saw only suitable for him to know what's up, as... we lost the treasure.

Apparently while we were waiting for John B at the chateau yesterday, he went to the well, and found that the gold was all gone.

"Yep, and your dad and your dad never found it until we found it and they took it." John be summarized pointing at me and Rafe one after another.

"Wow, and here I thought you were just some little scums fucking around." Rafe said in unsaid awe, he'd never admit it.

"Yeah, well didn't think too much of you either, but hey, look at us, all together like a big happy family." JJ said, "Mom and dad," He continued pointing at us, "The wild twin sons," referring to himself and John B, "the adopted; hipster daughter and the smart son."

"So, now we have to parent you?" I asked amused as Kie just looked at us with her, rarely seen, resting bitch face.

"You sure they got everything?" Kie asked John B clearly annoyed by, well, everything.

"Every bar." John B answered now starting to fidget with his wrist cast, "the whole enchilada." and now he yanked the thing off, completely.

"Well, it't not like I expected a happy ending or some shit." He said and threw the cast away.

"John B." I whispered in sympathy.

"Y/N, chill. It's just a hairline fracture. Who cares?" He said raising his voice in annoyance.

"You should." Kie snapped back at him, "Your arm's gonna be messed up for life."

"It's fine." He assured and wiggled his fingers to it, "See."

Suddenly we heard running steps and a panting voice "Guys! Guys!" and saw sweaty Pope running toward us, "Oh, God. I ran all the way here."

"You alright?" John B asked calmly.

"Aren't you supposed to be at your interview?" I asked him.

"Don't." I said still panting and catching his breathing, "JB. Look, I'm sorry dude, a bout everything."

"It's fine." John B responded still calm, as he didn't see any reason to be happy or exited, about anything.

"But-- But I don't have a lot of time, and-- and I have information that is tactically relevant." Pope said all dramatically. "So before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palm for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off."

"Wait, what plane?" Rafe stood up asking in confusion.

"Wait, you're still here?" Pope asked instead.

"Yeah, and he knows everything." John B responded.

"Like everything, everything?"

"Yeah, I know about your little treasure hunt. But what plane are you talking about?"

"I'm glad you asked." Pope said cleverly, "So, I'm at the interview sitting, thinking to my self "Hm, Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off? What could be so heavy to weigh it down?"." and in realization we all turned to him and stood up.

"Gold." John B said.

"Exactly!" Pope exclaimed.

-

"We go in there, guns a-blazin', make Ward Cameron beg for mercy," JJ said loading the gun as we drove to the airstrip.

"You alright?" I asked Rafe who looked stressed as the others chatted about the plan.

"I guess, I just-" He started, but sounded uneasy.

"Hey, it'll be all right." I said cupping his cheek.

"You don't know that. I mean, I know my dad isn't that good a person, but I never thought I'd be standing against him, but he's, my dad."

I looked at him with pain in my face, "I know.", and he took my hand off his cheek and pressed it against his lips, "What ever happens, I love you and it'll be all right, okay."

He just nodded and leaned against the side of the van.

-

Everything happened so fast, one minute we were in the van, the second we were watching behind a fence. We found out that Ward's plane wasn't the only one carrying the gold to take off. My dad, he was there with Daniel, them on one plane and Sarah and Ward on the other.

The next moment John B, Me and Rafe were in the Twinkie driving on the airstrip to our, very possible death trying to stop Ward and my dad from taking off.

I'm pretty sure my life flashed in front of me at least twice.

From that moment on, everything happened even fasted yet in a slow motion.

A lot of screams were screamed and a lot of tears were shed. I know dramatic, but it's true. Apparently it's quite dramatic and traumatic standing up to your father with a gun pointed at you by your psychotic brother.

But the worst wasn't even that.

Hell, I didn't think we'd find ourselves, were we are now.

things got escalated, real quick. Shit, shit, shit!

-

A/N

It took you 5 days; 7 parts, to say it back?