21: I'm here Bree

I was in school when I got a text from an unknown number and at first I didn't pay attention to it, as I thought nothing of it. Someone texted the wrong number, or this is some sick prank that was coming at me as some girls in the back row were giggling, but after a while in working class of history curiosity took over, so I excused myself to the bathroom.

"What the hell" I said out loud when I saw a picture of John B and Sarah. I immediately started to type 'is this some type of sick prank?', and hit send and almost at the same time another text was sent, but it was from Kie... what the hell.

'WTF is this you???'

I took a quick look and all of us me, Kie, Pope and JJ were added into a group chat.

I didn't care or think of my stuff when whit my heart pounding like crazy I ran to my car and drove of FaceTiming  JJ.

"Hey!" I said when he picked up, "Where are you guys?"

"Who is it?" I heard Kie ask in the background.

"Y/N" he said and after a few seconds of silence he told me that they were at their school so.

"Did you guys get the pic?" I asked and Kie rushed to JJ's phone.

"Did you get to too?" She asked almost shocked.

"Yeah, so what do you think? Some sicko pulling a sick prank?"

"I don't know."

'Is JJ there?'  I got a notification, and the video connection went off.

'I'm here bree' JJ answered

'Did you pimp my short broad?

And I heard laughter form the other side of the line. A smile creeped on my face and a few tears of relive fell down my cheek, It was him.

I heard a loud "P4L" when pulled over so I headed towards the sound of that and found them in the back hugging each other and I looked at them awkwardly not knowing what to do.

"Hi." I said carefully not knowing what to expect, JJ was the only one who talked to me until that last call, and he charged towards me to hug me and I excepted it  gracefully and a new set of tears fell down. Not long after JJ let go of me I felt another set of hands around me, my eyes foggy with tears I didn't know who it was but then the sweet summery scent of Kie hit my nose and a weight lifted of me and then suddenly we were all in a tight knot of hug for a few seconds.

"So are you guys going bak to classes for today or..." I asked

"Hell no!" JJ answer and we all went to my car and drove off.

We were going to meet up at the wreck into the afternoon, so I dropped everyone off to get ready or something, I got my things from school and headed back home. 

-

So the thing is... I haven't spoken to Rafe since the church day and haven't seen him around or heard of him either.

So, I've got this amazing of an idea... I need to talk to him. I don't usually leave voicemails... but he didn't answer his phone and I genuinely don't know where he is so...

'Hi it's Rafe, you need anything leave a message' god I miss his voice.

"Hi. It's me, Y/N. Um- listen we need to talk, and I know the last time we spoke... didn't go too well." a long silence... i couldn't form anything anymore... don't really know why, I mean don't feel like crying, so why couldn't I say anything. And before I could say what I needed to sat, the sound of the timer went off.

'Hi it's Rafe, you need anything leave a message' 

"Hi, it's me again, Y/N, yeah um- we really need to talk, so please call me back." whit that I started my car and drove off towards the wreck.

I haven't been around here much over the rest if the summer for obvious reasons... and for those same reasons I felt a little awkward to walk in. But as soon as I did I was greeted with a smile from Kie's dad. After a hot second Kie walked in and we sat down in one of the tabled waiting for the boys.

It was silent... the whole room felt silent, though there were costumers it felt silent. And I guess Kie saw the awkwardness in my face as she said silently "We're good, you know." with a little smile, which gave me assurance and I just smiled back.

-

"Hey Kiara, I do need those setups done by five!" Mrs. Carrera shouted.

"There are other people that work here." Kie shouted back.

"But ain't non of 'em my children." 

"HA!" I laughed out as Pope wen't on about feeling Kie with this.

"So are we going to the Bahamas? Or what?" JJ asked as we sat down on the pier. 

"There's no way we're getting to the Bahamas." Pope answered and I was gonna say something but I felt my phone vibrate and looked who it was.

"The timing." I whispered under my breath.

"Who is it? "JJ asked.

"Rafe." I said cautiously  and distanced myself from them a little.

"Hey."

"What do you want?" a blunt answer to my soft 'hey'... I'm hurt. I was silent for a hot second... 

"How you've been." I asked changing my tone from soft to cold.

"So now you care?"

"Rafe, I didn't want to call to fight." I snapped.

"Then what the fuck do you want?" He said slurring his words.

"We need to talk, like actually and face to face preferably." I said now all pissed off.

"Where are you at?" he asked again bluntly.

"At the wreck, but meet me at mine um- in about an hour?"

"Sure, what ever."

I went back to the guys and an awkward silence fell on again...

"That went smoothly." JJ shot and I cracked a smile.

"As well as it could."