9: it's Kie!

It was weird sitting there, opposite of Rafe, actually talking like normal people, not screaming at each other, not crying, god I cry too much, not high on crack... We were actually laughing time to time as we talked.

"Can I ask you a serious question?" He asked, and the light and, more or less, happy mood dropped.

"I guess." I answer cautiously sipping on my coffee.

"Does the Pogues know about, Daniel?" He asked me, and my stomach dropped. I haven't hear that name in years.

Daniel, was the source of all my traumas, my PTSD, my terrors and pretty much everything that wasn't good in my life, he was the source of it.

I couldn't let out a sound, so I just shook my head. I swallowed a big lump on my throat before I could say anything "And I don't want them to know. He is gone, and he is never coming back."

My bottom lip started to tremble as all the images of Daniel started playing in my head. Rafe stood up from his seat and walked to me and as softly as he could he cupped my cheek, lightly with his thumb he caressed it.

He leaned his forehead to mine, the tension built up as he seemed to debate with himself weather to kiss me or not and kind of waiting if I wanted to. Lightly his lips brushed mine, I hesitated. It was Rafe, not long ago he beat up two of my friends, he was cruel and mean, but with me, he wasn't.

We heard the front door open, Rafe quickly stepped back as I stood up, and in came Ward, with John B.

"John B?" I asked in confusion, and both JB and Ward startled.

"Y/N? What are you doing here sweetheart?" Ward asked me.

"Well, I- I wanted to see Sarah, but she wasn't here, or isn't her and Rafe offered me coffee." I explained myself. I turned to look at Rafe and the what so friendly and soft expression on his face he had with me was gone, it was back to the stone cold look he carried around all the time.

"What are you doing here?" I then asked pointing at JB, who stood there awkwardly.

"Um-" He started but was cut off when Sarah walked in and Ward explaining for him how he offered to be his legal guardian now and how he was going to be living here.

Now, what it seemed like, everybody was standing there with weirded looks on their faces. Me with seeing John B, John B with seeing me and Rafe together in a room, and Sarah with, well everything and everyone.

"I'll see you around." Rafe said to me quietly, but with a sudden cold tone. I was too confused and shocked by this whole situation that I couldn't but watch him leave.

-

It was noon already when got back from the Craine house. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention, we might have found the gold!!

After this mornings bump in at the Cameron's house, we went to parcel 9... and may have found the gold. In the letter it said that the treasure was near the water or some shit, and after an endless search, Pope figured that the 'water' Tanny was talking about was an old well, I guess it was used as, well, a well they got water from to water the wheat.

JB went back to the Cameron's, after dropping us off. I drove to the chateau picking up Kie not long after JB Dropped me off, and JJ and Pope got there a little after us. We waited for JB, but he took his time.

At some point I fell asleep and took a nap, as we just hung out there and waited for Jb to get back. I mean, there wasn't much to do.

I felt a light slap on my arm and I flinched awake "Hey, wake up, John B's back and Sarah's with him." I heard JJ.

I sat up cautiously and got up from the sofa as John B and indeed Sarah walked up to the porch. Still cautiously I walked behind the couch JJ was sitting and watched and listened as they sat down.

"NO effin' way!" Kie exclaimed as she got up and paced around to porch. "You brought her here?! So what she's in on this now?"

They haven't even started. I know this wasn't going to end well. John B looked around to us for some help. Sarah, was sitting there quietly, she knew this was going to happen.

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share." JJ said with a cool and calm tone pointing at JB.

I looked at them with wide eyes, as I was still in a little faze of sleep.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote!" Kie went on yelling "This is our thing! A Pogues thing" She said gesturing the five of us.

Sarah then lifted her eyes to Kie and then to me, I knew what se was going to say, but before she dared and could "I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this." Pope got to say.

"Thank you!" Kie said.

"When are you not?" JB exclaimed.

"I don't know? I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably." Pope then went on defending himself.

"It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him." JJ confirmed.

"That's cute guys."

"You know, we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her." Kie said.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!", Sarah snapped at Kie.

"Then leave!"

"I don't know if I get a say in this, but I gotta agree, before this, I even took a nap in that very couch you're sitting." I said in between and every body turned to look at me in quite a shock.

"Aren't you a kook? Like me? I thought at least you'd defend me, I thought we were friends." Sarah then hissed at me.

"Don't go there." I just said as I thought of comebacks, which would have just ended in a bigger fight.

She just sighed and looked at John B "I told you."

Honestly I was tired of this, waking up from a nap to this, not nice. I nudged JJ to get up so that I could sit down, but he padded his thigh gesturing me to sit down, but with a straight face I shook my head and mouthed 'up' and he did eventually.

Kie dropped JB an ultimatum of her or Sarah, and JB being JB he couldn't choose, so both Kie and Sarah left.

Kie was crying on the pier, Pope beside her. I really felt bad, I'd be hurt if it was me on her spot.

"Why? John B, why would you bring her here?" I asked hopping on the kitchen counter.

"I said it before, because she helped me."

"That's not a reason!" I exclaimed, "You know, you really hurt Kie, you know, after all these years, you think the decision would be easy. I'd choose any of you over anyone."

"What'd she say?" JB asked as pope came in.

"That you're an idiot!" Pope said.

"Yeah, it's a no-brainer. You're picking Kie." JJ said opening the fridge.

"Yeah." I agreed with him.

"Look, I can't make a decision." he then proceeded to say.

"What? John B you've known Sarah, for what? A week." She can be a real bitch at times, and what she did to Kie, it really hurt her!" I exclaimed once again.

"So what? We're just dead in the water because you're pussy-whipped?" JJ said sarcastically "We can't do this without Kie, and you know it."

"And I can't do this without Sarah."

"Unbelievable." I sai hopping off "Look, I don't really care if Sarah is in this or not, but you have to choose and it's Kie! Or fix this!" I exclaimed motioning towards him.

"Where you going?" JB called out on me.

"Home! Call when you've fixed this and let me know." I yelled and got in my car waiving them good bye.