15: Cat's Ass

"Do you want to talk about it? Daniel?" Kie asked me as we laid in her bed

"I should, but I don't know if I can." I whispered, "Can we just be?"

Kie just looked at me with pity in her eyes, she answered me yes and settled comfortably on the bed.

"Where is everybody?" I asked when we were in a few moments of silence.

"Well, Sarah and JB are probably at Sarah's house, Pope's home and JJ? I'm not sure."

"What happened?"

"Well, we pawned gold, well, we tried, but the old lady turned out  to be working with Barry."

"The drug dealer?" I asked, as she said at the same time.

"Yeah, and a piece of shit jumped on us on the road."

"Wow, I missed a ton. Was there a firearm at least?" I said with my eyes open as we lay on our backs staring at the sealing.

"If you only knew." she sighed, "So, Rafe?" She started.

"Rafe ..." I exhale carefully, looking at the girl next to me, "Kie--" I began.

"I just don't understand." She interrupted me, but in a calm and genuine way.

"I know, neither do I. It's just ..."

"Complicated?" She filled in and nodded and said yes.

-

"You know. I still hate him." Kie pointed out as we were walking out of his house. We had just relaxed and talked about a lot of things.

"I know." I said back.

Pope picked us up to to go to the château, I guess just to hangout , and on our way we planned how'd we get the rest of the gold from the well.

"But we have to be done before my scholarship interview in the morning." Pope said after all the planning when he pulled over at the château.

"Okay, we have to focus." Kie said instead.

"Guys, we're going to be just fine. We're getting the gold and you're getting your interview." I assured them as we got out of the car.

"I know, I know, we have John B and JJ inside the well and me and you up top," he said, pointing at me. "And you," he said, pointing to Kie, "and Sarah are transporting."

"Yeah, we got this." Kie answered.

Kie and Pope staid at truck to do whatever they were doing, as I walked into the front yard, but to my surprise it lit up, lights everywhere and soon after Kie and the Pope were next to me as surprised as me.

"JJ?" I said confused when I saw him in a hot tub, which I knew he couldn't afford "What's going on?"

"What did you do JJ?" Pope asked.

"I got a Jett going straight in my butt right now." JJ said amused, he was drunk, with a bottle of champagne in his hand, "You should go in right now, can you hear me?" he now continued, sipping champagne into new glasses.

"How much did this cost?" Pope asked him.

"Uh ... Well, with the Generator, the petrol and oh, hey, express delivery ... pretty much all of it." He enumerated.

"Of what?" I asked Confused "Guys? What money is he talking about?"

"All of it?" Pope asked with wide eyes as I still looked at them confused and worried.

"Yeah, all of it." JJ assured.

"You spent all the money in one day?" Pope went on.

"Yeah, burned a hole right through my pocket." JJ responded still like nothing was wrong "But, I mean, like, look at this! Finest in jet-based massage therapy, that's what they told me."

"With what money did you get this?" I snapped as they all seeded to not acknowledge me.

"It doesn't matter, all right, don't worry about it." He assured me.

"Yeah, that makes me feel awfully a lot better." I said sarcastically, frowning my browsers.

"What matter is that I got this for all of us." He tried to assure me, but it just wasn't it for me, "Kie what? Can't a man have a little luxury in life?" he snapped at Kie and went on about how we only lived once and shit, "Enough of this emotional shit. Get in the Cat's Ass. Come on." He got all cheered up again.

"In the what?" Kie finally asked.

"In the Cat's ass. That's what I named her." He said proudly "Oh, hey yo, I almost Forgot" He then exclaimed and pushed some button and some water springs and more lights lit up, "Disco mode."

"Are you kidding me ?!" Pope yelled at JJ "You could have paid for restitution!"

"Or literally donated it to any charity!" Kie followed up.

"Or better yet, you could have helped us buy supplies to get the rest of the gold out of the mine!" The Pope continued.

"JJ ..." I said cautiously as he looked frustrated.

"Okay, you know what ?! I didn't do that!" He cried out as he got up, as we saw the nasty bruises all over his body, immediately all our faces fell "I got a hot tub! For my friends! I got a hot tub for my friends."

"JJ, who did this to you?" I said as I walked towards him, shaking my head. I went into the tub and pulled him into a hug.

"I got a hot tub for my family." He sobbed over my shoulder, after a hot second he completely burst into tears, "I just couldn't do it."

"It's okay." I said in a pained voice as I stroked her hair.

"I can't stand him anymore!" He yelled last time and I felt both Kie and Pope wrap around us.

-

We had spent the night in the chateau waiting for John B.

We started putting things together for later in the evening, like we did.

"Yo, Y/N, who's driving your car?" I heard JJ screaming from the tub as I sat on the porch tying the ropes.

"What?" I asked in confusion as I got up to look, "Shit." I whispered out.

"What the hell are you doing here!" I asked as Rafe got out of the car.

"Y/N, get out of my way." He said as he marched past me.

"What?" I exclaimed, following him and trying to pull him back.

I saw both JJ and Pope rush towards Rafe "Here for the second round?" JJ exclaimed in a sarcastic voice.

Rafe threw the first punch at JJ, when he fell back Rafe got on top of him, holding him by the collar

"You robbed a damn drug dealer and now he's threatening Sarah!" He shouted.

"Rafe get away from him!" both I and Kie shouted at him.

He got up from him, but I pulled him aside for extra assurance "What are you talking about?" I asked him angrily.

"Didn't they tell you?" He asked me.

"What is he talking about?" I turned to look at my friends.

"JJ took 25,000 from Barry yesterday! Okay! That's where he got the money to buy these!" the pope shouted.

"You robbed a drug dealer !?" I exclaimed, "Oh my God."

-

A/N: I do not know how it went wrong, but it definitely went wrong in the translation, I somehow succeeded to publish this part in Finnish, I don't know how, because I don't write in Finnish and then translate to English, but I did it.

So, um, sorry about that!

-

Third time's the charm, right?