𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

"I can't believe this shit right now, a fucking mop!" Billie yells out again, laughing hysterically at the bottom of the stairs.

I drop the mop, huffing. "You fucking scared me!" I snapped, looking at her torn apart face even more.

I began to look a little closer and she started shaking her head, "Don't even do it Angel." She slurs.

"Are you drunk?" I mumble, even though I'm quite tipsy myself.

Billie begins to stumble up the stairs. "Yup. Billie, the fucking drug addict, murderer, drunk-All of it."

I turn my head away from her, biting the inside of my cheek. She looked a mess, like she got mauled by a bear. I couldn't sit there and let her walk around like that and not help.

I know I'm mad, but I can't be. Not when she's like this.

I gently reach out to her wrist, watching her to make sure she doesn't freak out. "You need to clean those cuts."

Billie flinched back, glaring at me. "I can do it."

I shake my head, she's not doing this right now. She's far from able to properly clean them when she's on god knows what.

"Billie, you've been beaten to a pulp. You're drunk, and you're-you can't do it. Please." I plead with her.

Billie takes a deep breath, staring at me. Almost like she's analyzing me, trying to decide whether it's a good idea or not.

Just when I think she's gonna give in, she stumbles past me and heads up the stairs.

I don't know why I thought she'd want me to help, she's despised me since I walked into Wicked almost 3 weeks ago.

I turn around to start heading up the stairs, when I hear Billie clear her throat.

I look up, and she's at the top of the stairs.

She jerks her chin towards the bathroom door, "Let's get it done then."

And with that, she started walking towards the bathroom. I was almost frozen in my spot, I didn't expect her to agree.

I made my way up the stairs and to the bathroom slowly, where Billie was sitting on the toilet seat, staring out her bathroom window.

"Um-where do you keep your first aid things?" I say so quietly, it almost was a whisper.

"First shelf in the closet, on the left." She responds, her words still slurring together.

I go inside the closet, and pull out the kit. I go to her counter and open it up. It's full of gauze pads, antiseptic cream, band aids, alcohol pads, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide and some essential oils?

Whatever.

I go to open the alcohol the bottle to pour some onto the gauze pads, when Billie shakes her head.

"Use the hydrogen peroxide. The alcohol hurts too fuckin' much." Billie says, readjusting her beanie.

I nod, pouring it onto the gauze pad. I then grab a wash cloth, putting warm water on it.

I walk towards her, crouching down to face level with her.

Her blue eyes were taken over by redness, one of her eyes having a popped vessel. Her freckled skin was covered by dry blood, and her bottom lip was fat from the split going down it.

She wouldn't make eye contact with me, and her eyebrow kept twitching, something I've never seen before on her.

"I'm gonna get the dry blood off first, okay?" I say softly, earning a quick nod from her.