CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: VOLCANO

CW: Shower smut, daddy kink, oral sex (f receiving), mentions of terminal illness, toxic relationships with parents, mentions of domestic violence.

They sit on the patio sipping coffee and eating macaroons while they look out at the bay. It's a beautiful morning. She can hear the ocean lapping against the shore and she leans against James, who is still shirtless, dressed in his black sweatpants. His feet are propped up on the railing as he pops a strawberry into his mouth. Dahlia sighs as she stares at him.

"What?" James asks, laughing.

"I can't believe you just look like that."

Another laugh.

"What are you talking about?"

"You just wake up looking like that."

"I could say the same thing about you, peach," he purrs.

She rolls her eyes. Her hair is all over the place and she still looks like she just got her soul fucked out of her body courtesy of James Barnes. He looks immaculate, like nothing happened on that pool table. Dahlia sips her coffee and stares at him.

"Yeah, but you don't even have to try. Women have to like... do their hair and put on makeup and shit, you just look good in sweatpants, messy as fuck hair, and your jawline and cheekbones are all like... 'Hi, it's the morning! I'm gorgeous and awake now!'"

"What are you saying to me?" James chuckles.

"I'm saying you're hot!" Dahlia exclaims.

He smirks at her and raises his eyebrow.

"I appreciate it. I think you're fucking stunning right now."

"Stop."

"I mean it Dahlia."

He pulls out his phone and snaps a picture of her.

"James!"

"It's a great picture!" He laughs, keeping the phone away from her as she reaches out for it. "Please let me keep it?"

Dahlia huffs.

"Fine. You get one shitty one and the rest have to be from my best angles."

James gets a mischievous look on his face.

"I'll keep that in mind."

She would blush, but her face is still pink from earlier. Every time she thinks about the fact that she let him put his gun in her cunt, she feels her entire body heat up. Dahlia still can't believe she did that, but it felt good to have that kind of power. She's not sure she's ever going to be able to get rid of that that feeling. She's coming to like this a lot, the fact that he's so dangerous. It's addicting now that she knows who he really is.

She can't stop thinking about it. James kisses her on the cheek.

"You okay?"

"Yeah," she breathes. "This is perfect."

"What about it is perfect?"

"I'm in a beautiful hotel with you, my business is booming, and I just got my back blown out by the most powerful man in California."

James shakes his head.

"How did I know something filthy was going to come out of your mouth?" He laughs.

Dahlia cackles and sips her coffee. He kisses her again.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Dahlia's phone rings from the table beside her. She reaches over instinctually. It's probably Wanda, Kate, or Scott with a question about the shop. She told them to call her if they had any question. She picks up without thinking.