CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: CRAZY IN LOVE

CW: Blood, murder, REALLY fucked up shit (idk how to warn for this anymore tbh), sub!Bucky, vibrators, daddy kink, bondage, cock rings, spit kink, dom!Dahlia.

When I first saw you
The end was soon
To Bethlehem it slouched
And then it must've caught a good look at you

Give your heart and soul to charity
'Cause the rest of you
The best of you
Honey, belongs to me
- Hozier, "NFWMB"

Dahlia and Yelena get James to his feet. He's covered in blood - a big gash above his eyebrow, bruises on his face, and his nose is broken, blood oozing from the wound.

"Are you ready to do this?" She asks.

There are tears in his eyes and his face crumples.

"He's my best friend. I trusted him." His voice is clenched and tight. "I tried to help him and—" Dahlia rubs his back as a sob escapes his lips. She's never seen James this broken up about anything, not even his own mother. Steve meant the world to him, that much is clear. But they both know that he's crossed a line now and there's no going back. There's no way to end this other than just to end it. James takes a deep breath and wipes his face, spitting blood onto the pavement.

"He tried to take the most important thing in my life away from me. I've let this go on for too long, I've said nothing; done nothing for too long."

"I'm going to ask you again, James. Are you ready to do this?"

"Yes," he says softly.

She can see his heart breaking. They're both shattered, but they're doing this together.

Dahlia and Yelena walk him out to the dock, holding him up so that he can move better. He's limping and groaning. The accident must have done a number on him. Dahlia is running on pure adrenaline. She knows everything is going to hurt tomorrow, but right now, all she's focused on is finishing what Steve started.

They walk him toward the spot where Sam and Clint are standing, both of them beside Steve, who's tied to a chair. The man who tried to take everything from her is just minutes away from meeting his demise. She can feel it in her bones. This won't bring back everyone or everything she's ever lost, but it'll come damn close. After her dad died, she vowed to herself that nobody would ever hurt her again. Not like that, at least.

Tonight, she's going to hold true to that promise and cement her place at James's side.

Blood runs down the sides of his face and he's smiling at both of them. There are tears in his eyes and he lets out a pained sob. Dahlia sees his hands tied behind his back. Clint moves behind him to check the knots. Something Steve should have done with James, but he's so unhinged that he can't help but fuck up.

"You couldn't let me win, could you?" Steve asks Dahlia.

"No," she seethes. Dahlia turns her head. "Yelena?"

Yelena hands her a large hunting knife with a sharp blade. Sam presents James with his gun. James grunts in pain, blinking to make sure that he's seeing clearly after the car accident and god knows what Steve did to him before they found him.

Dahlia steps toward him, the knife dangling from her fingertips. She stops in front of him and Steve looks up, chuckling.

"You know, I pictured you doing this in a gown. And less bloody."

So he wanted this.

She spits in his face. Steve chuckles.

"You're not good enough for that. Sam, do you have his phone?"