Why Now?!

Slacker found himself in an interrogation room thinking "Dammit! Why did I have to take so much fucking acid?! Fuck me! I was at the top of the drug chain, and now look at me! Why is this happening to me all of a sudden? Where did I go wrong to be here? What did I do wrong? Other than taking a shit load of drugs at six am in the morning, that is. Why am I always the biggest source of my own troubles? Why is god allowing this? And why is it happening now of all times?"

Chief: "Look Jack—

Slacker suddenly turned his head towards the officer in shock, realising he was there the whole time while he was mumbling to himself.
He was still a bit high.

Slacker: "I'd prefer Slacker, thank you."

"Okay look... Slacker. I could either put you in jail for several cases of rape and slaughter and drug abuse and selling millions of pounds of very illegal drugs to various people including kids and many many other things, and trust me, you'd only be comin' out when you're a corpse. They might even bury you right there and then, in prison. Or... you can help me, help you."

"And how exactly could I do that, officer... um..."

"You can call me Stanley."

"Okay, officer Stanley. What sort of help do you exactly need?"

"FBI's most wanted criminal, Johnny Pardo. I'm sure you've heard of him. He goes by John The Butcher in your community."

"Our community? I'm not sure I follow."

"Oh don't you play dumb with me! You know exactly what I'm talking about! Now look. This man shot several of my best men. They were good people I tell you. The very best of this force. And he shot 'em dead like it was pig hunting season!"

"Weird comparison, but okay. Go on."

"I want him. And I want him bad."

"And what does that have to do with me?"

"Well, I'm glad you asked. You see, this John, just happens to be in Vegas as of now. Isn't that just crazy? What a fortunate man you are! See, we can't go anywhere near him. He's too... sneaky. As soon as any forces try to catch him, he leaves a bunch of them dead and disappears. I don't know where he gets his resources from. Maybe we've got some rats right here in the force. He knows everything all the time. If we were to make a move on him anytime, he'd simply vanish. He's untouchable."

"Lemme guess, but not for me?"

"Exactly! Nobody knows you're here right now. I can just let you go and you can jump right back into your office selling drugs, as if nothing happened. You'll have to hire new henchmen but I'm sure that's no inconvenience. What I want you to do, is to get right back to your gang business, and while you do that, you "accidentally" find him. Befriend him, sell him drugs, let him shove his meat up your ass, I don't care how you gain his attention, just do it. And when you're close enough, knock him unconscious, give him too many drugs, do whatever it takes for us to jump right in and take him to the station without a fight, he's too dangerous conscious. Just make sure he lives. I need him alive. Can you do that for me?"

"And what will be in it for—

"Yes yes, I knew you'd ask. Listen, you do that, and I'll make sure you walk away from this place, as a completely free man. And you can get right back into your drug shenanigans, without the force ever buggin' you again. I'll personally protect your business myself. I have all the power to do that. You have my word. Hell, I'd even buy some of your weed for myself. My wife's been such a bitch lately, you know how they are, hahaha. So... do we have a deal?"

"I say why not? Not like I have much choice anyways. Sounds as good a deal as any. I'm in."

"Excellent. Now don't you get any ideas, y'hear? We'll be watching you. And please, do be careful. John is a very dangerous man. Some would even say the most dangerous man."

"Here's something I've learned throughout the years, with enough piles of cocaine you can get anybody to like you."

"Just don't fuck up his brain too much. We need confessions. He'd be completely useless to us as a mindless rag doll."

"Yes yes, I understand. Now can I go?"

"Gimme a few minutes and I'll take you out of here."