02 | CHAPTER TWO

"Oh my god, look at you!" Mollie squealed, hurrying her way across the gardens to her four planter boxes full of flower seeds. There had been some sprouts, and even fewer buds, but finally, there was a bloom. It was a beautiful pale blue hydrangea. The other buds on the relatively small bush weren't close to blooming, and yet here was this one. Mollie quickly clipped it at the stem and beelined for the theatre, really hoping that Jerry was there. Sure enough, as she began her way down the sloped center isle, she spotted Jerry in his usual place next to Ezekiel.

"Hey dude!" Jerry waved as she approached. "What's up?"

"You and Nabila flirting two feet away from me while I was desperately trying to save my favorite apple tree last week drove me absolutely insane, you know that?" Mollie asked, walking right up onto the stage. She then held the flower out. "It's her favorite kind, and it's my only bloom so you'd better not let it die before she gets it or you die."

"Message received." He chuckled, taking the flower from her. "Bad timing though man, I'm kinda working right now."

"Ezekiel?" Mollie asked, turning around. "Please save us all from this, I know you're sick of it too." Ezekiel watched her for a moment before chuckling.

"It's not that obvious, come on." Jerry scoffed, though he quickly noticed the looks from Mollie and Ezekiel. "Oh my god is it?"

"Go." Ezekiel laughed. Jerry nodded, not wasting anytime as he hurried towards the back door. "Mollie, your visit comes at a most apt time. I wanted to speak with you anyway." She turned back towards him, taking a few steps closer.

"Yeah, what's up?" She asked.

"It's about you, and Benjamin." Ezekiel said.

"Oh, he finally told you?" She asked. "Weird, he didn't say that he had."

"No, no he needn't say a thing." Ezekiel shook his head. "I know him well, as do you, and I can see clearly. He is so...so important. To me, to you, to Henry...to this court. These people. He works every day to keep them safe, keep their King safe. Most don't understand him, but you and I do. Which is why I wanted to talk to you." She nodded along. "Young love...it can move fast. Things can be confusing and overwhelming and messy.

"But I don't see that you two. I saw the children you were when you both first arrived here-granted at much different stages in your lives. But I've seen you two grow together, and this love blossom over all these years. And I know it's not some crush or just some thing. I know both of your hearts are true, and I trust both of you immensely. I only want to remind, to think with both heart and head-not just one.

"And when you consider these things, consider them as both, not separate. In any relationship, especially ones as emotional and serious as this, it's important to remember that you are existing together and separately. Neither of you would ever do anything to the other, I know that. But things can and will happen, that is the way of life. Nothing is perfect. But it's how you deal with what life throws at you that can make it perfect."

"I...thank you, Ezekiel." Mollie's brain was running a mile a minute. "Hearing that from you, it does mean a lot. You're really important to him, and to me, so it's nice to know we've got your support." He nodded, a smile on his face. "But you were wrong."

"About what?"

"You said nothing is perfect, but you're wrong." She shook her head lightly. "Because he is."

————

"Another talk already?" Mollie wandered back into the theatre. It was later now, nearly dark, and Mollie had only just finished eating dinner with Ben and Henry when she was summoned. Ezekiel was pacing the stage, obviously worried and stressed. "Ezekiel?"