01 | CHAPTER THREE

Mollie had gone out a little farther today, and found an old plant nursery. Knowing there was bound to be seed packets somewhere, she set out to search the few small buildings scattered around the overgrown nursery. Just as she neared the first building she heard a noise inside, and quickly ducked behind a tall planter box next to her. Peeking out from behind cover, she let out a sigh of relief as she saw Jesus emerge from the building. She slowly stood up, seeing a brief look of panic on his face before the recognition.

"Hey Jesus." She smiled walking closer with her hands shoved in her jacket pockets.

"Hey, didn't expect to see you out here." He smiled, sounding genuinely surprised. "I didn't think you came so far out anymore."

"I usually don't, but I saw a sign for this place back towards home." She shrugged. "I've been working on my own garden inside, and what better place to come right?"

"Yeah, no kidding." He nodded. "Same thought, I was just looking for some food seeds. Fruits, veggies, you know-whatever I can get. No luck."

"Well, you know I'm sure we've got some extra stock around somewhere of some stuff." She assured. "Next time you're around talk to Keith in the gardens, he's the head planter."

"Ah, we don't have much to trade right now." Jesus sighed, rubbing his neck. "But I appreciate it. Maybe next Spring, when it's time to plant." She nodded. "I've got to get moving, on a bit of a mission this time around. But I'll see you around, Mollie. Stay safe."

"Yeah, you too." Mollie nodded, waving as she watched Jesus make his way back towards the road. She ended up spending the next few hours wandering around, gathering up some flower seeds, and even weaving a little flower crown as she stopped to eat her lunch. She then returned to her usual mushroom hunting route, stopping again a few hours later at a waterfall.

She knew Ben was doing training today, and probably wouldn't have time to come out and meet her today, but she figured she'd give him a little time just in case. Sitting down on the rocks next to the falls, she pulled her sketchbook out from her backpack and started flipping through it, searching for blank spaces somewhere inside. Drawings of Kingdom buildings, side portraits of Shiva, a sketch for an upgraded version of Jerry's weapon, a design for a crown for Ezekiel, a portrait of Ben, a drawing of her old house, and finally, the last sketch she'd ever done of her mom.

She paused, her fingers lightly brushing over the pencil marks on the pages. She flipped a few more times past a few pages of unfinished doodles, before finally landing on a blank page. Her eyes scanned the environment before picking a random place, and then her hand got to work. Despite the danger of the world that she knew was out there, Mollie couldn't help but love to take moments like this outside of the Kingdom.

While she loved her home, it could get loud, and sometimes loud was the last thing she needed.