Chapter 1

Y/n's POV:

" Fred I'm not going to ask you again!" I exclaim as I chase him around the Gryffindor common room with my shoe in my hand.

Fred just cackles as he continues to run, he runs so fast that Hermione's papers that were on the floor fly up, ruining her neat pile.

I watch her grit her teeth as she hastily picks them all back up, when I run I go around her and she gives me a small appreciative smile.

" I know you can run faster than that y/n!" Ron says as he enjoys the entertainment.

I've always been close friends with Ron and his friends as I'm in the same year as the twins whom I'm unfortunately stuck with, they've been my best friends since first year and I get invited to everything. I'm like family.

Molly was cautious of me at first since I am a Slytherin but she was fast to warm up to me when she saw how dearly I care for Fred and George, they're whole family is amazing.

" Georgee" I whine as I know Fred would have told him where he put it. My diary.

George raises his hands up innocently, " sorry y/n, haven't got a clue"

" you're lying!" I say hitting him lightly with my shoe.

Suddenly, the chaotic commotion is interrupted when Mcgonagall enters the common room, which is rare. I'm fast to quickly shove my shoe back on like nothing happened and Fred speedily sits down at the nearest chair, crossing his legs like he was sat there all along.

" Miss y/l/n" she says calmly as she observes the room that managed to be peaceful for a minute or so.

Fred laughs out loud while pointing his finger at me, I let my shoulders hang loose as I sigh.

" it wasn't me! It was him!" I cry pointing at Fred who finds it hilarious.

" you are not in trouble Miss y/l/n" she informs me.

" oh" I say surprised as I straighten my shoulders.

" come now" she instructs me as she leaves the common room, I stick my tongue out at Fred before following. Walking behind her as I keep my distance and she takes me to Dumbledore's office.

" are you sure I'm not in trouble?" I say worried as I wait for his office to open.

Mcgonagall doesn't go inside but just tells me to walk in as I feel my palms begin to sweat, I rub them against my skirt.

" Ah Miss y/l/n, take a seat" Dumbledore says like he was already expecting me, he's laid out tea and biscuits.

I sit down and help myself to the warm cup of tea as I add some sugar, he cheer's his cup against mine before he goes to speak.

" is this about the triwizard tournament? I told Fred and George the ageing potion wouldn't work"  I say anxious.

Dumbledore chuckles, " of course not, Fred and George were not the only sly students to attempt that" he says and I smile warmly.

" this is an important discussion y/n, with Harry being entered into the tournament it's obvious that something bad is ought to happen" he tells and I make a face that screams ' well duh'.

" I do not want Harry nor anyone else to get hurt therefore I have been doing some deep research, looking deep back into memories... You're aware of the story of Tom Riddle?" He asks me.

I shiver at the name, I remember Ginny crying to me only last year.

" I am yes" I tell him, but in reality I do not know a lot. He was an orphan I believe, Dumbledore took him into Hogwarts. There's not much else I can think of.