Chapter 12

Y/n's POV:

I kept trying to catch Tom's eye throughout the day and through all classes but he didn't even look in my direction and whenever I walked pass him he'd look over me like he didn't see me coming.

I do love spending time in the library in general and back at home I went there all the time even when it was empty. So I go there to calm myself and read a favourite book of mine.

It's no surprise when I see Tom sat on the same couch as always, reading as well.

For the first time in today, he looks up at me.

I march towards him and stand right in front of him, he puts his eyes back down to his book.

" what's with the silent treatment Riddle?" I ask.

No response.

" why are you ignoring me?"

No response.

He's a quick reader so I know he isn't paying attention to his book because he hasn't turned his page since I got here.

" talk to me" I whine.

No response.

Once I walk away I'm not coming back and he'll have to speak to me first but I'm worried that if I ignore him, he won't do the same as I am.

" please" I say.

Suddenly he looks up from his book and at me, straight into my eyes.

Holding eye contact he stands up, close as he towers over to me looking down slightly.

" Im ignoring you because I want nothing to do with you" he tells me.

I look into his eyes as I take in his words and then I turn around to go leave.

But his hand grabs hold of my wrist yet I don't turn around, I try to fight it.

" stop trying" he demands when I try to break free out of his grip, his hand is too big and strong.

" what do you want?!" I snap.

" why are you here?" He asks me calmly.

I stop moving and he doesn't need to hold my wrist hostage anymore yet he keeps his hand there.

" I came here to read but I'm not in the mood anymore!" I say annoyed.

Tom clenches his jaw like he's annoyed now too.

" you didn't come in here to speak to me?" He asks.

I frown at him confused, " no but you were already here so I spoke to you! At least I tried too!"

" but you didn't come here to speak to me! If I wasn't here you wouldn't have came to find me so you clearly don't want to speak to me that much!" He hisses at me.

I let out an aghast sigh, " and that bothers you because? You just said you want nothing to do with me!" I remind him.

He doesn't respond and just stands there mad, heavy breathing as he death stares me. His hand is still wrapped around my wrist.

" Is Ascot Ritz your boyfriend y/n?" He asks me.

I furrow my eyebrows surprised, " no" I tell him.

" why?" I ask him.

I should have known that he would ignore my question.

When silence falls between the two of us I let out a chuckle and smile and he notices.

" what?" He asks agitated.

" you called me y/n" I say smiling.

He frowns at me, " what?" He asks again.

" you called me by my first name" I say and I think I'm blushing.

" no I didn't! I said y/l/n" he says defensively but he looks cute when he's flabbergasted and it only makes me smile more.

" no you didn't" I say and I know I'm pushing his buttons.

" yes I did! You heard me wrong!" He says angry and he lets go my wrist before grabbing his book and shuts me out again when he sits back down and ' reads'.

I join him on the end of the couch and open the book I'm reading, occasionally I look up to already see him looking at me but when our eyes meet he looks back down.