Chapter 15

Y/n's POV:

I look up and gasp.

Ascot is stood in front of me looking dreadful, his face is bruised and his eye is wang and his face lob sided, bruised all black and purple and he looks seriously injured but he's stable.

I jump out of my seat and walk towards him, reassuringly putting my hand on his shoulder unable to tear my eyes away from his beaten face.

" Ascot" I say breathless.

" I - I was wondering where you were but I -" I go to explain myself but he puts his hand on my back protectively like he doesn't care for my explanation.

Tom locks eyes with Ascot as they glare at each other, I've never seen Ascot so bold as he appeared so afraid of Tom.

" he did this to me" Ascot says.

I immediately look at Tom who looks angry, his hands clutch on to his book hard at both sides.

" I did not" he says.

I look at Tom and for once he looks at me like he's sincere.

" He did y/n, let's leave" Ascot says and he puts his arm around me, I fill up with anxiety and feel conflicted.

Ascot goes to lead us out but Tom abruptly stands.

" Y/n I wouldn't lie to you" he blurts out as he looks at me, his eyes pleading.

When Ascot catches me debating whether to stay with Tom, he lets out a disappointed sigh.

" no..." he says sadly.

" y/n all I want to do is keep you safe!" Ascot tells me.

" why would I lie to you? I know you more than he does, I care about you more than he does!" He continues.

Tom scoffs like in a laugh like way, " I doubt you know her more than me"

" do you know that her favourite book is Alice's adventures in wonderland? Do you know she hates Quidditch because she fell off her broom in her first year? Do you know she chews her fingernails when she's scared?" Tom says.

Ascot looks threatens and turns towards me, " y/n please, please come with me, I don't want this happening to you" he begs as he points at his own face.

The last sentence tips Tom over the edge, and for a second I am afraid that he's going to hit him.

" I would never hurt her!" Tom yells through gritted teeth and he says it directly to Ascot and not me.

" you already have" Ascot says and he backs away from Tom.

" the bruise on her arm? That was you, wasn't it?"

Tom's hands goes into fists by his sides, " that was an accident and she knows it"

Ascot flinch's when Tom speaks and tugs on my arm, the eye that isn't damaged looks watery, like tears are about to fall any second.

" y/n I am begging you, please believe me" Ascot says but Tom doesn't give up either.

" as if I'd be so daft to beat anyone up, for them to still walk around free to tell all their friends" Tom states.

" you threatened me and you know it, you beat me up and threatened to do it some more if I told a soul" Ascot says and he hides behind me.

I stand there confused, watching everything unfold.

" that's laughable, for what reason would I beat you up?" Tom responds.