Chapter 9

Tom's POV:

Y/n's leg slowly stops bouncing by my firm hand holding it down, when she stops, I keep it there but roll my eyes at her pathetic inability to stay calm.

I notice unlike normal times, where her eyes look in to mine like she's trying to read my mind, she's avoiding my gaze.

I scoff, " I'm not stupid, I know what you're thinking" I tell her.

She nervously chuckles, " it doesn't take a genius to know that I'm scared right now"

" yeah, of me" I tell her.

" what?" She says shocked.

" you think I did this"

" did you?" She asks at once.

" do you think I did?" I ask her yet again.

She looks at me this time and holds my gaze, her eyes slowly but cutely look me up and down.

She shrugs only one shoulder, " I don't know... you were mad about the situation with your diary but you seemed shocked when I told you what I saw" she explains.

I sigh and shake my head at her.

" I can't believe this"

" what? You were angry!"

" I can't believe you think I'd be so stupid to kill someone and leave my evidence" I tell her.

Y/n slowly moves back from me, sitting up straight.

" So you would kill someone?" She asks.

I wonder if I answer honestly if she'll ever talk to me again. Not like I care.

" perhaps, haven't you ever got so angry you want someone gone?" I ask looking into her y/c eyes that are concentrating on the thought.

Y/n shrugs like she hasn't really thought of it before, " I guess I get mad when people walk slow in the corridors... but I never think about killing them"

Her response makes me fight a small corner smile that attempts to escape my lips but I hold it off.

" right" I tell her.

" well I didn't do it but if you want to go and tell Dippet that you think it's me, go ahead" I tell her harsh.

" why would I do that?" She asks me naively.

" you're a suspect, you were there first, then I turned up, it looks like you caught me red handed, besides Dumbledore has never liked me" I say branching to a different point.

" I can tell by the way he looks at me that he doesn't trust me" I ramble on, speaking aggressively as I dislike him too.

" I don't think anyone trusts you..." y/n quietly says but I automatically turn my head quickly to shoot her a look.

"Sorry" she says, she immediately covers her mouth after realising what she said out loud.

Silence fills the room but it's not uncomfortable but I feel y/n's beady eyes on me as I look straight ahead and I know she's studying me.

" what?" I ask turning my head to see her blush like she's surprised I knew that she was looking.

" you're not very discreet" I tell her.

" do you know what happened to Jack?" She asks me.

I frown at her and she sits up ready to explain herself.

" I'm not saying-"

" you think I did that too?" I say.

" I'm just asking!" She answers me back.

I roll my eyes, " even if I did, why on Earth would I tell you?"

" because you trust me?" She asks with a smile.

I stare at her like her words are crazy because they are.

" no?" She says when I don't answer her, I roll my eyes.

Dippet walks back into the room and y/n eagerly sits up but I remain sitting still, unbothered.

" Alright Mr Riddle I'm going to need you to stand outside while I talk to Miss y/l/n, then I'll call you in"

I see the panic on y/n's face as I stand, my brain wonders if she felt comforted by me but that's a ridiculous accusation, of course she doesn't. Although she was petrified at first and managed to return back to her chatty self.

I look into her eyes with no expression as I leave the room, waiting outside patiently.

I guess my time at Hogwarts is up.