Chapter 3

Y/n's POV:

The rest of the dinner, I sit and talk with Ascot, his Ravenclaw friends go over to him and ask him to sit with them but he declined and stayed with me.

" what happened to your head by the way?" He asked after we talked about nonsense.

" oh, I fell" I lie.

" from where? You were outside the great hall" he chuckles and I nervously laugh along.

" not like that, I just walked into a wall" I say and he laughs.

Our laughter is interrupted by a figure behind us, from the tension in the air neither of us turn around, already knowing who it is. Ascot silently adds extra dessert to a new fresh plate.

They clear their throat as I turn around and see Tom scowling at me, Ascot stays put and doesn't even look at him, nor does anybody else who is around. They act as if he's not there or they all fall silent.

" I'm meant to be giving you a tour so get up" he growls and it sounds like a threat when really it's a statement.

I haven't even ate dessert yet but I sigh and stand up as I follow Tom, we silently walk through the halls, he walks fast as I walk slow behind him.

" you could have waited till after dessert" I say breaking the ice.

" I don't wait" he responds.

I look around the castle like it's my first time again, as I swing my arms as I walk, admiring the beauty.

" can you hurry up?!" Tom snaps angrily.

" what's the rush?" I ask calmly but he doesn't respond.

" you can leave, I already know my way around" I say proudly as I stop walking.

He stops in his treks as he slowly turns around me looks at me, always looking so furious.

" no you don't"

" I do" I say as I over take him, I point to the nearby classroom.

" that's the transfiguration classroom, and the Slytherin common room is in the dungeons" I say.

" how do you know that?" He asks quietly but his tone still sounds as if he's threatening me.

" I browsed around earlier"

" you weren't out there for long"

" how do you know how long I was out there for?"

" I saw you"

" you didn't see me before" I say smiling but he's frowning.

" there's no way you managed to ' browse' the whole of Hogwarts"

" I'm a fast learner"

" but you're not a fast walker so I doubt it" he says and I laugh.

He remains neutral, staring at me like talking to me is torture but I find his cold exterior rather funny as I smile at him.

" wipe that smile off your face" he scowls.

" where are you going?" I ask following him.

He ignores me.

" Tom?" I ask.

He turns around so quickly I'm surprised he hasn't snapped his neck, he walks towards me as I carefully take a few steps back, he's walking up to me like I'm prey.

" y/l/n, I'm going to tell you somethings. 1. don't ever talk to me, 2. Don't ever call me by my name" he says as he gets up close but the look in his eyes are scaring me.