° .• Chapter Eight ° .•

Alec's POV:

"Isaac," I groaned out as I walked through his front door, squeaking with every step since my clothes were still damp.

"Fuck, Alec!" Isaac yelped, falling off the couch and out of sight with a shower of popcorn raining over him followed by the plastic bowl he threw.

"Whoops, sorry," I mumbled unapologetically, realising I startled him as a small grin crossed my face.

It wasn't uncommon for me to walk into Issacs's house unannounced after being here a lot as a child when my parents were busy working. Now, the idea of ringing the bell and waiting for him to answer felt unnatural to which he agreed along with his family.

Though, it did mean popcorn was sacrificed.

"I hate you," He sighed, sitting up and reappearing into my sight again, now brushing popcorn off his chest before turning my way. Isaac looked me up and down, noticing my damp clothes and burst out laughing causing my grin to fall as I was reminded of the circumstances, "What did you do?"

"Elijah threw me in the pool, kind of. We were fighting and both fell in," I explained briefly, pointing to my aching jaw.

"Just fuck and be done with it, god! I'll get you ice...and a change of clothes," Isaac exclaimed as he stood, the remaining popcorn falling to the floor. I watched as he then rounded the couch and hurried upstairs, taking the steps two at a time.

Rolling my eyes, I stood awkwardly in front of his closed front door, not too sure what to do with myself considering I'd just make his furniture damp. After a few moments, Isaac reappeared and chucked a plain navy tee at me along with grey pyjama bottoms. He then pointed to the bathroom before disappearing to get ice presumably.

I headed into the spacious downstairs bathroom and peeled the damp clothes off me with a grimace. Leaving them a bundle on the floor, I put the clothes Isaac gave me on and sighed of relief at the dry warmth the fresh clothes provided me. Once I was changed, I gathered up my damp clothes and hung them on the bathroom radiator before heading back to the living room.

Isaac was already there cleaning up the spilled popcorn when I entered. For a moment he didn't seem to notice me until he glanced up and saw me standing awkwardly.

"There's an ice pack on the table wrapped in cloth, grab it and put it on your jaw, it's already looking gnarly. I'll be done in a second," Isaac explained, picking up the last few pieces of popcorn and putting them in the plastic bowl.

Nodding although he probably didn't see it, I walked over and picked up the ice pack before sitting on the nearby couch. As I placed the ice pack on my jaw, I let out a small hiss at the pain before persevering and letting the ice pack numb the area.

Isaac finished up cleaning and placed the popcorn bowl and the table before he sat down himself with a sigh of relief. After a few seconds he turned to me with a small smile on his face.

"So, you and Elijah," He began.

"No, not me and Elijah," I immediately dismissed, rolling my eyes, and throwing my head back against the plush cushions as I angled my jaw to the ceiling.

"Ok, what happened then?" Isaac asked sincerely.

I went on to explain what happened after playing the game at the party as well as the baby photos and car wrecking. I told Isaac about the punishment and explained the conversation when I got there, how we fell in the pool and what Elijah said once we were in the pool before leaving.

"Ok, so...he just left?" Isaac asked once I was done.

"Yep," I replied, popping the 'p'.

We sat in silence for a few moments, me now glaring at the ceiling with my arms crossed as the ice pack lay abandoned on the table next to the popcorn. I glanced sideways towards Isaac momentarily, noticing the cogs in his brain turning as he processed the information, before fixing my eyes back on the dull white ceiling.