° .• Chapter One ° .•

PB - Personal Best
Meet - competition

Alec's POV:

"Alec, that's so sad, play despacito," Isaac sighed dramatically as I scoffed at his response.

He currently had his feet on the dashboard with his hands behind his neck, gazing out the window and the temptation to slam the brakes so he'd fall was big - let me tell you that. The only reason I didn't was because I was a good friend and didn't want to actually hurt him... most of the time.

"Alec, that's so sad, play despacito," I mocked Isaac as I rolled my eyes jokingly and changed gear, turning into the housing estate Isaac lived in.

We were on our way home from my swim practice since Isaac happened to decide he would come watch my practice. More like so he could ogle at all the swimmers in their 'little coverage' as Isaac put it. He was only messing with me when he said that but Isaac being bi meant he wholeheartedly loved every second and had a few people he wanted me to introduce to him if they were okay with that. He's always saying how playing for both teams simply expands creativity in the bedroom. Typically, my gagging cuts him off before he can elaborate.

I've known Isaac since I was fourteen, he's like the brother I never had. Therefore, his...creativity in the bedroom could stay been him and his four traumatised walls. Isaac likes to act like a goofball all the time, rarely taking a situation seriously but that's only the exterior he gives off to others.

Though Isaac would never admit it, he knew my career was potentially starting to take off and that was stressing me beyond all sanity; Isaac's joking nature from the spectator's area during practice had helped release some of my stress and tension so I could still remember why I loved the sport and focus on winning in a less stressful environment.

"Ay, there's the spirit, Alexis!" Isaac cheered with a goofy grin as I quickly glanced over giving him a 'seriously?' look causing him to buckle.

"Sometimes I wonder why I even talk to you about serious stuff and I thought we agreed that nickname was going to be forgotten?" I whined, half-hearted as he began messing with the cars dials to find a good radio station. If he didn't find a song soon his hand was going to get slapped.

How has this guy has gone his full life without an ADHD assessment is beyond me.

"I'm sorry Alec, but you talking about your little man crush isn't serious so don't give me that Mr. sassy and you know It's impossible not to call you that," Isaac replied like his reply was obvious as he fell onto a twenty one pilots song and began humming away.

"He's not my man crush!" I started, choosing to ignore his comment about my nickname, "You know I hate Elijah and I'm stressed because the meet is in a week," I huffed out angrily as I thought of Elijah being all smug and annoying in person.

Elijah was currently beating me. Whilst I trained with Reidville swim team, Elijah trained with the Hunters swim team across town. I knew he was in the top squad possible and there were only him and two others that trained during their session so they each had their own lane. It was an unfair advantage he had, being able to get close to one-on-one training whereas we had over double the people in my session causing coach Morgan's attention to get pulled away constantly.

Luckily for me, I was able to level the playing field somewhat as I knew one of the people he trained with, Lucy Cox, who I spoke too regularly. She phoned me late last night to tell me during last night's training session, Elijah smashed his PB by two seconds and in the process, took my PB with him. There was no way I could shave two seconds off in one week, it took me a good few months to do that usually, so the stress was eating me alive.