Log Entry: 0

Pronounced: nye-uh-me

Bombs were going off in every corner. The screams of the dying and the war cries of the living. We were winning. I grabbed my M249 light machine gun and reloaded. These fuckers weren't getting away. They took our comrades, yet expected us to just leave them. No man left behind. I hit an enemy soldier in the face with the back of my gun. It sent them to the floor. Soon enough, I was out of ammo. I threw down my gun and grabbed the two knives in my belt. I started slashing every enemy in sight. It was hard to get close enough to them for a kill but I could throw my knives too.

A loud scream echoed through the wind. Jake. I ran East to where he was positioned. There he was, laid on his stomach from an explosion but there was a flag pole impaling him. I gulped down the fright and rushed to him as I yelled through the comms.
"Man down! Man down! Sully's down!" I kneeled next to him. There was blood coming from his mouth. He was sweating profusely. He was losing blood fast. A medic came rushing towards us.
"We have to move him!" I yelled to the medic.
"If we move him, he'll die!" The medic yelled back. The medic analyzed the wound quickly and threw a blade of a knife in a nearby fire.
"I'm going to rip the pole out and cauterize the wound. Then we have to move him quickly but you have to cauterize it immediately after I pull it out. We'll only have a 20 minute period before we lose him from internal bleeding." The medic informed me. I nodded and kept my hand on the handle of the knife, watching for the medic. He counted down from three before harshly pulling the pole out. I acted immediately and not a second went by before I cauterized the entry point. We were lucky it didn't go all the way through.
"On 3!" The medic yelled and positioned himself at Jake's feet to lift him. I followed suit with his arms.
"1...2...3!" We lifted him with all our might. A couple other soldiers were covering us as we moved Jake to the jet. Jake yelled out when we lifted him but he remained conscious. His blinks were getting slower.
"Jake! Don't you die on me!" I yelled near his head.
"Why not? You can't force drills on me in hell." He chuckled. I shook my head with a smile as we ran with Jake lifted into our shoulders. I shot rang through the air. My shoulder got nudged forward. I groaned. The part between my vest was hit. I stayed quiet about it, focusing on Jake.

3rd pov
Jake Sully and his twin, Tom were born in 2126. When they were six, they met their new neighbors daughter, Nyami, a four year old girl. All three quickly became best friends. Jake and Nyami were closest because they had similar personalities. They were playful, not to be taken seriously while Tom was all mature even as a kid. Tom had everything figured out. Jake and Nyami didn't.

After high school, they just decided to join the marines. It was fun for a time. Nyami would read about the moon in her spare time. After all, she grew up hearing about Pandora, a small moon orbiting the gas giant Polyphemus in the Alpha Centauri System.

In the marines, Jake was a corporal. But Nyami, she was the 1st Lieutenant. She made something of herself. After Jake's injury when he was 23, they both decided to retire. Jake didn't have anyone that could help him. Nyami still spoke with Tom. They had a common interest, the Na'vi; the people of the planet Pandora. Jake and Tom never spoke. They didn't get in any fights, they simply were just never close. They weren't your typical set of twins.

Tom, unbeknownst to Nyami, had an avatar made for her. He knew she'd be a great addition. But if he was being honest with himself, it was mainly because he was in love with her. She was kind, smart, spontaneous, free spirited and adventurous. Tom hated those qualities in Jake but for some reason, Nyami just made them work. She could make something out of nothing.

She was beautiful too. She had a rounded face with high cheekbones. She had a rather small nose and larger eyes. Her eyes were green and she had dark hair. She spontaneously bleached two front, face framing, pieces.

She wasn't really tall. She was 5'7. Tall for a girl but she was the smallest in their Marine troop. She wasn't skinny, rather slim and fit. She was muscular. She had a scar on her right shoulder from the gunshot the day she saved Jake.

Nyami supported Tom in his scientific studies. She was happy he was making something of his brain. She'd always tease him for being smart. She'd throw out bizarre math questions at him. It would take him a moment but he always answered her by the end of the day.

She went with him the day he was getting the physical for his avatar. He asked Nyami to join him in the testing, just for the heck of it. She agreed. She thought he was asking because he didn't want to admit he was scared of all the tests. In reality, he was just working up the courage to ask her to come to Pandora with him.

Unfortunately, he never got the chance. He was found dead in an alley. He was 27 and mugged in the middle of the night. It was a pitiful mugging as Tom didn't have any money on him after he spent it all getting flowers, snacks, and an astronaut teddy bear for Nyami. She got it the morning after he died. She hadn't heard of his death. She tried calling him but he didn't answer. She got worried because he never neglects her calls. She had grabbed her keys and was about to leave her house when Jake called her.

"Nyami, Tom's dead."

Jake was out at the bar. A place that became like a second home to him. Losing his legs took a toll on him, as it would anyone. He felt defeated. He lived with Nyami so she could help take care of him. She paid the majority of the bills since she was able to get a job. When Jake first got home after losing his legs, he had terrible PTSD. Nyami helped him with that just as she helped him with a lot of things.

Only sometimes, she couldn't help him at all. That bullet that hit her shoulder, hit a cluster of nerves. Oftentimes, she loses feeling in her entire arm. She also can't lift her arm above a certain point. Neurologists told her she'd never be able to stop the symptom or get rid of it. She managed to cope. She trained her left hand to do anything her right one could. Doesn't get rid of the occasional pain though.

"Where are you?" Nyami asked him.
"The bar."

She still went to her car to go pick him up. She could lift him with ease after having done it several times. The drive home was silent.

A week later, before Tom's cremation, Jake came home rather distraught from the bar. Nyami approached him slowly as he rolled himself over to the couch.
"Jake? Are you okay?"
"I was asked to go to Pandora-"
"What?"
"Some guys came up to me after I was thrown out the bar-"
"You were thrown out?"
"Yeah. They said since Tom's my twin, I'm the most compatible with the avatar."
"Makes sense. This could be good for you. You shouldn't let Tom's dream die."
"One more thing, they said you had one too."