Log Entry: 14

Human Jake is in a hurry to get back to the link

Human Jake is in a hurry to get back to the link. Nyami slugs herself back into the link. She glared as she saw Grace, still groggy, chase him with coffee and microwaved eggs. Nyami closes her unit and fades into her avatar form. She was alone in hometree. She felt something was wrong with the forest. She rushed down hometree and went for Omleki. She initiated the bond and went in search of Tsu'tey. She heard screams and raced toward them. She saw Jake holding up a broken Neytiri. Nyami jumps off Omleki and rams up to them.
"Are you hurt?" Nyami asked Neytiri, looking her over.
"Nyami...the willow..." Jake tells her. Nyami looks over and sees dozers advance, obliterating the sacred site, leaving only mud and wood splinters in their path. Neytiri, stunned by the nightmarish, unfathomable wrongness of it, sobs as the willows die. Nyami steps forward to fight but Jake grips her arm. Nyami throws him off and lunges at him. She grabs a knife and slashes his face. A cut was sliced on his cheek. He touched it and saw the blood on his fingertips. Neytiri tried stopping Nyami but she just pushed Neytiri, advancing on Jake with a deadly look in her eye.
"Come on Nyami. We can't do this." Jake pleaded, raising his hands.
"Yes, yes we can." Nyami responded in Na'vi. Nyami rushed at him and tackled him. He flipped so she was on bottom. He punched her in the face. That fueled her anger even more. Nyami used her hips to make him flip forward as she got into a defensive stance. She hissed at him, pupils dilated. She ran as he ran. She slashed his arm as he elbowed her in the face. Her nose bled as his arm did. She didn't slow down and just pointed her blade toward him. Neytiri ran between them as Tsu'tey arrived at the scene. He wrapped his arm around Nyami's waist and kept her attached to him as she struggled.
"You'll pray for death after no mercy is shown." Nyami glared at Jake. She wrapped her leg around Tsu'tey, bringing him down to the ground after using force. "I warned you." Nyami looked down at Tsu'tey.

In the inner ring of hometree, a raided party of hunters, their bodies painted, had their weapons raised overhead. Grace watches with a growing alarm.
"Tsu'tey will lead the war party!" Eytukan announced. Tsu'tey steps forward, face full of hate, raising a war cry among the hunters.
"Stop please, this will only make it worse!" Grace warned.
"You do not speak here!" Tsu'tey snapped at her. Jake and Neytiri cross the commons toward them. Jake feels all eyes turn toward him. He takes her arm, stopping her.
"Okay, listen. There's something I have to tell you. It's gonna be hard. I just need you to-" Jake tries to whisper to Neytiri until he sees Tsu'tey striding toward them, his face a mask of fury. "You!" Tsu'tey walks right up and slams Jake in the chest with both hands. It is so unexpected that Jake topples on his ass. "You mated with this woman?!" Tsu'tey exclaims in anger. He had to give up the woman he loved for another, who's already taken another.
"Oh shit." Grace says. Jake stands. He reaches out for Neytiri. She goes to him, clutching his hand.
"Is this true?" Mo'at asks.
"We are mated before Eywa. It is done." Neytiri reveals. Tsu'tey turns to Mo'at and Eytukan, his face anguished.
"Everything is changing. Everything is being destroyed!" Tsu'tey points at Jake, his pain shifting to rage. "These aliens kill everything they touch, like poison."
"Neytiri! If you choose this path, you can never be Tsahik. Your life will be wasted." Neytiri looks at her mother and sees the grief in her eyes.
"I have chosen." Neytiri said, raising her head.
"Brother please, do not attack the sky people." Tsu'tey draws his knife and lets out a war cry as he lunges at Jake, who's ready this time.
"You are not my brother!" Tsu'tey shouts. Jake sidesteps, blocking the knife, and elbows Tsu'tey hard in the face.
"And I am not your enemy! The enemy is out there, and they are very powerful!" Jake loudly says. Tsu'tey reels back, nose bleeding. He starts forward on a second attack but Eytukan grabs his arm and spins him around.
"Stop! This is not a proper challenge." Tsu'tey glares at Jake while sheathing his knife.
"I challenge you."
"Jake, don't-" Grace tries.
"I accept."