Log Entry: 5

Neytiri grabs Jake's arm and pulls him roughly away

Neytiri grabs Jake's arm and pulls him roughly away. Tsu'tey comes and roughly grabs Nyami. Even as Avatars, he towered over her. She yanked her arm away.
"I am no pet! Do not lead me." Nyami fought him with a glare. Tsu'tey looked rather surprised to know she knew Na'vi.
"You know the talk of my people?"
"Well yeah. You see all us 'dream walkers' kinda stick together. At least I bothered to learn a little before coming out here. Just a bit though. Not enough to hold a conversation." Nyami sassed with defiance. Tsu'tey didn't like how she treated him with no respect for an outsider.
"Fine. You are warrior. Show me." Tsu'tey pointed his bow at her. Nyami smiled and cracked her neck.
"I'll do more than show you, pretty boy." Tsu'tey was confused by the name but snapped out of it as she rushed at him. He narrowly dodged her. He swung his bow at her, to which she caught and yanked out of his hand.

She tossed it into the trees before rushing at him again. She made it look as if she was about to raise her arm to punch him, which he prepared to block. But she ducked and swiped his feet out from under him. She climbed on top of him, pushing her hands on his arms to keep them above his head. Her booted feet dug into his thighs, keeping him in place. She hissed in his face, getting rather close.

Tsu'tey growled back, pushing his hips forward to flip them, taking a knife from the sash on his chest and pressing it against her throat. Tsu'tey looked quite menacing above her but in a second her serious face melted into one of laughter. She laughed loudly. Tsu'tey looked just as confused as before. His eyebrow rose in question.
"Sorry, I-I just can't take you seriously! I mean- I mean your face is just-" she cut herself off but laughing so hard she wheezed. Tsu'tey took the sound as her suffocating under his weight so he quickly stood up. Yet, she maintained her position on the ground, calming from her laughing fit. She wiped the tears from her eyes and sat up. "Oh geez, I haven't laughed that hard in forever." She got up on her own and dusted herself off. She started walking back to the central area of the Hometree. "you coming, pretty boy?" He snapped out of his state of wonder and caught up with her in just a couple nimble steps.
"What is pretty boy?" He asked in English. She merely smiled but didn't answer him.

Once they got back to their Hometree, Tsu'tey led Nyami up the spiral to the second level and threw her Na'vi clothing. She was given a bottom thong with a loose fabric part to go over her front. Her top covered her shoulders and feather dangled down to cover her breasts. Her old clothes were to be burned. Her hair was taken out of the one long braid and put in multiple medium sized ones.

Tsu'tey was waiting for her so they could head down for dinner

Tsu'tey was waiting for her so they could head down for dinner. When she exited a rather private area to change, Tsu'tey turned to her. He was speechless. He wasn't sure at what. Was it the fact that she looked so natural? Or was it the fact she looked beautiful in his eyes? He shook his thoughts away and went to grab her arm again until she slapped him away. She walked ahead of him in annoyance. She could guess where they were going from the large gathering of Na'vi. Tsu'tey couldn't help but look down when she walked away from him. He corrected his action and walked behind her.

They managed to get into dinner without much commotion. They took their seats and waited.
The entire clan was gathered and squatting at dinner in a huge circle. They stop talking and turn to gaze at Jake as he enters the circle.
"Don't get up." Jake tried comforting everyone who was staring at him and starting to stand out of wariness. Neytiri crosses the circle to the cook several large leaves heaped with food. Jake, placing the food in front of him."You never told me your name."
She kneels next to him almost defiantly.
"Neytiri te Ckaha Mo'at'ite."
"Okay, again, a whole lot slower."
"Neytiri. Nay-TEE-ree." She repeated with exaggerated slowness. Jake knows she's baiting him. He smiles in response.
"Nay-TEE-ree. That's nice. Nay-TEE-ree."

Across the circle, Mo'at and Eytukan sit together, glancing up occasionally from their food to the stranger. Tsu'tey was beside them with Nyami furthest away.
"These aliens try to look like people, but they can't."
"He seems dim to me. And his eyes are too small. She fits The People." Mo'at says.
Neytiri motions for Jake to take portions from the serving leaves onto his own leaf.
"Your mom likes me. I can tell." Jake claims.
Mo'at, watching Jake and Neytiri, leans over to Eytukan.
"Neytiri will test this "warrior." He may learn nothing but we will learn much."
"You speak truth. We must understand these Sky People if we are to drive them out."
Jake munches on a white shrimp-like thing.
"These rocks. What are they?"
"Teylu. You call beetle larvae." Jake blanches.

Jake was a lost cause. First, he was stumbling and stepping loudly. Now he was flirting with the leader's daughter. Nyami wanted to laugh. She covered her mouth and looked away to hide her laughter. Tsu'tey caught her and slapped her shoulder. She muttered a small ow while rubbing her shoulder. That's when she noticed she had full mobility in her right arm. It didn't hurt her to roll her shoulders anymore. She quietly laughed breathlessly.
"This really is awesome." She whispered to herself.

Neytiri heaps some more onto his leaf, a challenge and Jake meets her eyes, takes a handful, and starts munching enthusiastically.
"That's some damn fine teylu. That's like grandma's teylu." Jake blanches. She heaps some more onto his leaf, a challenge, and Jake meets her eyes, takes a handful, and starts munching enthusiastically.
Tsu'tey was warily eyeing Jake.
"I say she will kill him."
Eytukan turned to him.
"And will you kill her?" Such a question caused Tsu'tey to look over at Nyami, who was actually communicating with the other Na'vi people.

After dinner, Tsu'tey led Nyami up to the third level, the sleeping level, families nesting in groups on woven hammocks the size of trampolines. The hunters sleep along spokes joining the inner trunk to the tree's outer shell. Nyami lay awake in a hammock, people rustling in the darkness around him. Tsu'tey was laid on his back with his arms crossed above his head. Nyami looked at him and watched his body language. She decided to curl up like a little girl and relax. Tsu'tey turns to stare at her for a moment, then closes his eyes.

Nyami watches below her to see the glowing bugs fluttering inside a night-light, a pulse of life energy. A strange peace spreads through her. She closes her eyes and she regains consciousness in her human body. Grace is standing over her in the Link, slapping her lightly, as Max and Norm hover over Jake.
"Come on back, kid, that's it." Grace comforted her back to reality.
"Wha --? Oh." She looks around, blinking. Reality crashing in. She sighed deeply.
"Damn, you were dug in like a tick." Grace said as she helped Nyami sit up. "Is the avatar safe?"
"Yeah and lady, you are not going to believe where we are." Nyami said with excitement.

At breakfast the next day, the other drivers leant forward, hanging on Grace's re-telling of the tale.
"--so the kids are out there one night and they've got the Queen Bitch herself and the Pissy King offering them some spare rooms and the car keys. Unbelievable." Grace chuckled with a shake of her head.
"It's not something you can teach." Jake mentioned cockily.
"Yeah, the art of seduction." Nyami jokes. Everyone laughed. Some of the other scientists clap them on the shoulders in congratulation. Nyami winced slightly at her shoulder. Jake thanked the guys but told them off, seeing Nyami in pain.
"That's awesome, Jake." Max complimented. Norm chomps his bacon, fuming. Grace got serious for a minute.
"For reasons I cannot fathom, the Omaticaya have chosen you two. God help us all."