Log Entry: 6

Nyami follows Jake as he pumps his chair across the lab, flanked by Grace and Norm

Nyami follows Jake as he pumps his chair across the lab, flanked by Grace and Norm. She already knew everything she needed to, to not die on Pandora. Grace holds stereo still pictures in front of him, one at a time, images of clan members she has shot over the years, as a kind of flash card drill.
"Tsu'tey." Jake answered.
"My mentor." Nyami spoke with chips in her mouth.
"Mo'at."
"The Goat aka the mumzy of the clan." Nyami jokes. Jake chuckled and initiated their handshake. Next photo came on.
"Eytukan."
"Papa Na'vi." Nyami answered.
"He's the clan leader, but she's the spiritual leader. Like a shaman." Grace summarized.
"All voodoo huh?" They entered the link room.
"Got it. So who's this Eywa?" Jake asked.
"Oh c'mon Jake. I told you earlier." Nyami groaned.
"Yeah, well I was not paying attention because we were in a near death situation." Jake sassed.
"Who's Eywa? Oh, only their deity. The Great Mother. The goddess, made up of all living things. You'd know that if you had any training whatsoever." Norm ranted.
Jake hauls himself from wheelchair to link as Nyami walks to her unit, licking her fingers and wiping them on her pants.
"Who's got a date with the chief's daughter?" Jake bragged.
"I got the son. Fuck off." Nyami retaliated.
"Knock it off. Jesus, it's like kindergarten around here." Grace scolded.

As Nyami settles into the soft embrace of the link, Grace inputs commands at the control station.
"Neytiri was my best student. She and her sister Silwanin. Just amazing girls." Grace reminisced.
"I didn't meet the sister." Jake said.
"I didn't even know there was a sister." Nyami followed.
"No, she's dead." Grace mumbled quietly. "Okay, let's go. Village life starts early." Grace said, getting her volume back.
"Link is ready." Max informed.
Grace lowers the biosensor array over Nyami's chest.
"Don't do anything unusually stupid." She closes the clamshell and Nyami was blinking awake in avatar form, staring up at Hometree, like a gothic cathedral overhead. Sunlight streams down through gaps in the towering vault.

Nyami was awake before Tsu'tey so she decided to walk among the villagers, who go about their daily tasks. She saw young girls sit together, weaving and singing. They look up as she passes, then go back to work. She saw two men clean the fish they've caught. A young mother pounds seeds into a meal, while nursing an infant. A couple children chasing each other and climbing like monkeys. One bold little girl runs up to Nyami, stopping and staring then shrieks with laughter as she runs back to her playmates. Nyami tilts her head in question. An older girl who looked to be about 30 in human years. She had a slender build with leafy green coverage.

"Hello Nyami. I'm Tsyal." She greeted .
"What's up Tsyal?" Tsyal looked at Nyami confused.
"What is up? Hometree?" Nyami smiled.
"No. It's a greeting from where I'm from." Tsyal smiled and nodded.
"What's up?" Tsyal repeated slowly. Nyami nodded in approval.
"So, what makes you wanna talk to the alien Tsyal?" Nyami questioned.
"Tsu'tey can be rough. It would be good to have comrade."
"Hm yeah it would. So tell me about the how stuff here works. Firstly, where can I shower?" Nyami linked Tsyals arm with hers and led her off. Tsyal was surprised but went along with it.

Tsyal and Nyami talked for hours until Tsu'tey came rushing to them. Nyami was teaching Tsyal how to make flower crowns. Apparently, the Na'vi didn't have flower crowns even when surrounded by flowers. Nyami was laughing as Tsyal threw small petals at her. A few children had joined them in their crafts. Tsu'tey slowed down his walk. His stern face relaxed to that of curiosity. Everyone was still very wary of Jake so how come Nyami was able to get along with everyone so well? Tsu'tey approached them. The children who spotted him, nudged the other and ran away. Nyami looked to see what they were running from. She saw Tsu'tey coming at her in all his royal glory. She groaned before looking at Tsyal.

"I'm being kidnapped." Tsyal again looked confused. Nyami had been teaching her lots of human words. Kidnapped was not on that list yet. "It means stolen. Someone, a bad someone stealing another someone. That someone could be an adult or kid or male or female. Don't let the word kid fool you." Nyami explained. Tsyal nodded. Tsu'tey picked Nyami up by her arm.
"What are you doing?" He said sternly.
"Making flower crowns. Want one?" She asked him kindly. She plopped the crown in her free hand on his head. Tsu'tey paused before throwing it off his head.
"No time for pups to play." He lectured. Nyami just quietly looked at the now broken flower crown. Nyami closed in on the harsh feeling of his arm clenched around her bicep. She heard his heavy breath in her ear. She felt threatened.

Her puppy eyes turned into a glare quickly as she head butted Tsu'tey away from her. She growled.
"You ruined it." She exposed the knife she had in a sheath on her feather shaw. She bent down in a classic Na'vi defense stance. Tsyal stood up quickly.
"Nyami! Don't challenge him!" Tsyal tried to stop Nyami.
"You cannot tame me." Nyami spoke to him in Na'vi. Tsu'tey took out his knife as well. Perhaps embarrassing her in public will do her some good. Tsyal stood watching, slightly scared of the two. Nyami ran at him straight on before moving right and swiping at him. A cut appeared on his arm. Tsu'tey touched it lightly and looked back at Nyami. His anger fueled up to full with the injury.

Nyami took a deep breath. She blinked slowly, channeling her marine training. She needed her strategic brain and fast reflexes. She needed to focus but still let out her anger. Tsu'tey charged at her. He moved in slow motion to her. She pushed his arm down and bent his arm over her shoulder, making him drop his knife. She flipped him over her before climbing on top of him. A touch of fear hit Tsu'tey as he saw the murderous glint in her eyes. Nyami was no longer who he knew her as anymore. He still had much to learn about her.

Nyami was about to pummel her fist in his face when Tsyal yelled.
"Monster!" Nyami's fist stopped an inch from his face. His eyes were shut tightly as his body tensed. Neytiri and Jake happened to be close by when they heard the shout.

They rushed over and saw Nyami over Tsu'tey. Jake was faster in getting to Nyami. Jake tackled Nyami off Tsu'tey and held her down. Her anger came back as she struggled.
"Ny! Nyami! Stop fighting me! You don't have to fight anymore! We're safe! We're good. We're home." Jake eased Nyami. Her struggling slowed to a stop. She laid limp as Neytiri helped Tsu'tey up. Jake breathed deeply before connecting their foreheads. "Come on Ny. We're good. We're on Pandora." Jake comforted. Nyami's eyes went back to normal as her pupils were no longer dilated.
"Jake..." Nyami mumbled. Jake lifted himself up and off Nyami. He held a hand out to her with a friendly smile.
"It's okay Ny." She reached up and took his hand. She dusted herself off before looking at the crowd that formed around them. She looked to Tsu'tey, who was nursing a nasty cut in his arm. She looked to Tsyal who looked at her terrified. Jake saw Nyami's anxiety. He gently grabbed her arm. "Let's take a breather." He suggested. She nodded and followed him.

 She nodded and followed him