Log Entry: 20

In the center, the Dragon is pouring out hellacious fire tracer rounds from multiple turrets and missiles from the stub-wing pods

In the center, the Dragon is pouring out hellacious fire tracer rounds from multiple turrets and missiles from the stub-wing pods. Nyami banks hard as tracers flash past her. A scorpion is right on her ass as she rolls inverted and dives under the edge of Mons Veritatis, then rolls out, zig-zagging through the dangling vines but the gunship stays on her. It rips through the vines, and tracers flash toward her as she jinks the banshee around a thundering waterfall but her pursuer explodes right through the curtain of water. It launches an air-to-air missile.

Nyami jinks hard, diving. The missile hits a rock outcropping, pummeling her with the shock wave. The gunship follows her through a narrow slit between Mons Veritatis and a smaller floating island. They run this slot rolled up on their sides and the scorpion gunner locks up Nyami for a missile shot but a shadow crosses his canopy. Out of the sun comes a crimson demon, shrieking over the roar of the turbines, and the leonopteryx slams the gunship, driving it downward in a dive.

The leonopteryx lashes at it with claws and teeth as they fall together out of control. Jake kicks the gunship loose and it falls like a brick, breaking its back on a rocky promontory and exploding. Flying with a Samson as a second Samson falls beside it. This one has its pilot door off, and the pilot is wearing a breathing mask. The door gunners wave at Trudy, her expression grim behind her mask. She holds the cyclic stick between her knees while she rakes the other ship with bursts from an AR in her lap. The pilot slumps over and the craft tumbles out of control. "You're not the only ones with guns, you pricks." Trudy smirks.

Nyami jinks her banshee hard, an enemy Samson right behind her. The pilot is a hotdog, following her down into the trees, under the canopy. They slalom among the trunks at high speed. The gunners hang half out the doors, firing. Bark and leaves explode around Nyami as she zig-zags through the jungle. The banshee dives under a huge tree limb, and the pilot follows. He looks up at the last second, catching a glimpse of blue-skinned figures. The hunters drop a net of woven vines behind Nyami and the Samson hits it hard. The net fouls the ship, flipping it backwards. It crashes upside down to the forest floor.

Nyami's banshee is hit by ground fire. It folds up like a broken kite, crashing down through branches and she slams into the ground, stunned. In the dragon, Quaritch looks ahead, seeing the Well of Souls. He taps the pilot and points.
"There it is. Valkyrie One, this is Dragon. Target is in sight." Quaritch says over his headset.

IN the cargo bay of Valkyrie One, the troopers ready their deadly loads.
"Target in sight." A trooper says. Circling above, Tsu'tey falls in beside Jake, who talks to him by aircom headset.
"We have to stop the shuttles, no matter what it takes. Where are you, Nyami?"
"The ground." Nyami responded. Tsu'tey and Jake share an alarmed look. "Menari, it was quick." She continued.
"Stay safe." Jake signed off.

Nyami fights through the deep green forest. She jumps and bursts through the screens of ampsuits, exposing the gunners to Pandora's toxic air. Nyami kills them slowly by simply removing and crushing their masks. She mainly keeps her eyes on the sky. The people she cares about are up there. Nyami saved multiple Na'vi on the ground. She was an expert with her bow,but she slashed through more troops with her hand crafted blades more than anything. She looked up to see her mate falling to the ground fast.

Tsu'tey nods. He signals, gathering other hunters, who fall in with him as he dives. Jake rolls in after them but a gunship drops in behind him and he is forced to evade as Tsu'tey leads the attack on the first shuttle. Hunters jink and weave through withering fire from the escort ships. Gunners with jerry-rigged gun mounts ride the broad backs of the shuttles, picking off banshees who get past the escort. Tsu'tey is raked by a burst from the dorsal gunners. His mount crumples, plummeting with a dying scream and the forest rushing up and a blinding blizzard of green as he tears downward, catching at leaves and vines.

Nyami raced to climb up the tallest tree she could find. She dug into the bark with strong fingers. She pushed herself up with her unbreakable feet. She didn't hesitate to run and leap off a branch to try and catch Tsu'tey. If she failed, at least she would be dying with him. She reached her arms out to his injured body. She managed to reach his fingertips, which was all she needed to get a grip on him and pull him to her chest. She positioned Tsu'tey above her as her back faced the nearing ground. Tsu'tey eyes widened.
"No!"

He was too late as they slammed to the ground, making Nyami badly injured. She gasped for air as Tsu'tey quickly moved off her. He put his arms under her to lift her but she screamed in pain. Her eyes were clamped shut as she gasped through her mouth. Tsu'tey went to press his aircom headset.

Nearby, ampsuits and troopers advance across the forest floor, firing their cannons and flamethrowers. The GAU-90s rip the forest to shreds. Norm, firing as he retreats, is hit. He collapses, his avatar body mortally wounded as hydraulic feet approach, passing the bodies of direhorses and Na'vi hunters. Norm painfully tries to load another magazine, panting in fear and pain as an ampsuit stomps up. Aims its cannon point blank. The top of Norm's link bangs open. He reels out, collapsing onto the floor, clutching himself as if he can still feel the pain of death. He sits, huddled, shivering and crazed.

Nyami lies gasping, mortally injured. She looks up, grimacing, as an ampsuit approaches over to them. She tries to warn Tsu'tey, who was morally too focused on her. Wainfleet reaches down and grabs Tsu'tey by his queue, lifting him painfully.
"I hear this is worse than death for you, chief." Wainfleet goes to cut Tsu'tey queue off near the base. Nyami gathers all the strength left in her body to get up and jump in front of Wainfleet's knife. The knife goes straight through her. Tsu'tey screams in agony, his nervous system explodes on overload feeling his newly mated love is pierced with Wainfleet's blade. Grinning, Wainfleet goes back to targeting Tsu'tey queue, his only connection to the world-consciousness which is his life. Nyami uses her last bit of courage to lift up her own blade and shove it through the ampsuit. She smiles as she's then roughly dropped on the drop. Wainfleet took his hands, attempting to take out the blade, but Tsu'tey jumped and pushed the blade in further, finally killing Wainfleet.

Tsu'tey, bleeding, bruised, staggers amid burning wreckage to get to Nyami. Ampsuit footsteps approach and he crouches behind a tree, his eyes locked on Nyami. Troopers are seconds from seeing her as Neytiri appears and knocks an arrow to her fathers bow, and readies herself for a last kamikaze shot when the trooper on the far right of the firing line sees something on his screens.
"Right flank -- something's coming! It's all lit up out there." The troopers become aware of the ground shaking. A slow building thunderous roar and an ampsuit comes flying out of the trees, cartwheeling past them, and the shaking builds.

 A slow building thunderous roar and an ampsuit comes flying out of the trees, cartwheeling past them, and the shaking builds