"what about the rivalry?"

"...and the rivalry between the families ms. coldwell."

"it'll be taken care of."

and so that's how we got here. I'll admit, this probably could've been better planned; going after the boss of the biggest mafia families in London after my own, of course.

it was dumb i know, but the riddles had to fall. I didn't care how or what the repercussions would be, my family's empire was in danger. We had kept the rivalry at bay for years after I took over. but that all went down after Tom took over the riddle family. First it was simple hits on lower ranking men, things that, unfortunately are normal, they know that, that's why they do the job they love the danger, the thrill I suppose.

then it went higher, and higher, and higher. til the hit was on my mother, and nearly killed her. after that i decided that i would burn his shit to the fucking ground.

"i never took you for the stupid type, love." he spoke tauntingly, sitting across the table from you smirking as if he had you. which to be fair he probably did. you willingly walked into enemy territory unarmed, but you had a plan. the truth is there has been tension between the two of you for a while. You'd met each other during meetings between you and his father before he died.

"who said i was?" you asked. "the stupid type i mean."

he stood then, and walked slowly over to you, stopping a couple steps away from you tapping his finger on the table while looking down at you.

"no one did. you walked in here unarmed, kind of speaks for itself sweetheart." you let out a little laugh at that.

"that's fair. i just thought maybe we could talk." you then stood as well stepping toward him, there was little space left between the two of you, and you had to strain you neck a little to look up at with how close you were.

"i don't know, if i should kiss you or kill you." he chuckled.

"w-what?" you sputtered shocked, eye wide. "i don't- you can't-"

"stop running from this. i know i'm not the only one who feels it." he brushed your hair out of your eyes.

"i-i can't be in love with you." you spoke back but not backing away.

"why not?"

"love is scary. this feeling of falling terrifies me. the only way it ends is with me hitting the ground." you whispered

"not if i catch you"

"you can't catch me if your falling with me."

"darling i started falling long before you did." he smiled.

"hey tom?" you finally said after pausing for a minute

"yeah?" he said a little worried.

"i'm gonna kiss you now, okay?" you smiled up at him.

"okay"

———————————————————————————

hey guys, i'm back after not writing for a month 😭 anyway here's the mafia enemies to lovers request i got. if you don't like it or it's not what you wanted lmk and i'll write something else for you. also sorry it took a couple nights i bruised my ribs and broke my phone 😂✋ but i got it out and will have to other request i got out in a couple days probably love you all and thank you for reading <33