31 - Damian, where's Nova?

The wind passes in and out of the trees as I lean the side of my head against the refreshingly cold window of the car

My hands held my phone in my lap which was covered by my cream coloured dress. Logan was sat next to me in the drivers seat, his hands gripping the steering wheel like he was drowning and the wheel was the only thing that could float while I tried to think of anything other than the phone call we got this morning.

It had been 8 days since the ball and to be completely honest, a lot had happened at the safe house. Logan had seemed... different the whole time we were there. I couldn't even tell you what was different about him but there was something.

Maybe I'm just blowing it up bigger then it actually was so I wouldn't think of... it.

We were nearly back at the compound and I had planned to have a... talk with Damian about it so I would have to think about it at some point but for now I think it's best for me to be in denial so I don't throw up on my feet.

I mean just how can someone, let alone a fucking mafia king be so mind-numbingly stupid not to mention selfish, reckless, self centred, devious, cruel,-

"5 minutes away."

His calm voice resurfaced me back into reality just before I got into a spiral of red, hot anger directly aimed at my brother which I don't think would very good for anyone right now.

Maybe I'm simply distracting myself with anger to save myself from guilt or dread. Maybe thats bad and maybe taking it out on someone else is harsh but maybe I need it.

I spend the next few minutes trying to think of what to say to Damian and by the time the car pulls up and goes through the security gate, I have a little speech about how we're going to find her and how everything is going to be okay and that even though you were reckless, I know she would forgive you because being angry at someone wont fix this situation even though it was souly his fault.

I still have the comforting words in my head as the front door is opened and I walk in, I still have them when I'm walking slowly down the hall. I start losing them a little when I picture her face as I see her room and pick my pace up.

I've lost them.

My brain has spit them out and now I'm charging down the corridor in a powerful yet angry stride, it's not my fastest walk but considering the shoes I have on, It's goddamn fast.

The words might as well have not even existed, there so far gone because now I'm in front of his office and the red, hot rage has poured into me like it was liquid molten and has replaced my blood so now every part of me is filled with that red, hot rage.

"HOW IN THE NAME OF VOGUE FASHION WEEK COULD SOMEONE BE SO-"

"Daisy."

"FUCKING STUPID, SELFISH AND DICK-HEADED ALL AT ONCE!"