33 - sleepless nights

She was so soft

She was so soft. Just like I remember her. Her skin so delicate yet it still wore her scars and wounds as if it were tough and strong, like her.

I hated myself for thinking of what her skin felt like under my hands when there were far more pressing issues such as the fact that she was bleeding, heavily. It looks as though multiple bones were broken and she must of been shot once or twice.

I was running, trying not to inflict more hurt and pain onto her unconscious face then it already bore. It was clear she didn't know who had picked her up and chased after her in the same corridor I was running down now because she had still tried to limp away.

Either that or she would have rather to suffer than let me save or help her and even though I could understand that after everything thing I had done to her, the thought sickened me.

I needed to get her out of here and make sure she was safe and well... alive so I could beg for forgiveness. I just needed her to hang on a little longer, fight a little harder so she could make it to the medical ward we had back at the compound.

The exit door was coming up. I had no doubt it would  be locked and normally I would simply nock it down by slamming my person into it however that may be a little hard to do with her fading body in my arms.

The sound of gunshots, our gunshots, attacking the people that were responsible for the hurting the skin and body of the one person in this world I wasn't so sure I could live without, faded from my ears as I drowned it out to focus on how to open the door, now in front of me.

I could pick the lock but I would have to put her down to do it. That wasn't an option. I'm not letting her go. She stays in my arms no matter what.

But what else could I do without causing disruption to her already broken self. I had to try and keep a hold of the anger and pain I felt so I could try and focus and get her out of here. It was the least I could do.

"Need some help?"

I had to admit, I jumped a little at the sound of a feminine voice behind me and already had my hand on my gun by the time I had turned around.

Only to see the last person I wanted here, here.

"Fuck sake Daisy I told you to stay in the car!"

"She's my best friend Damian I had to come and help besides- HOLY SHIT she's bleeding oh my god we have to get help omg fuck she's going to die HELLPPP HELLLLLPPPPP what are you doing just standing while she dies in your arms DO SOMETHING!"

"SHUT UP and pick the lock to this door so we can get out and then get her to help, we still have ti- fuck sake Daisy why are you wearing heels."

"Because they were cute and look! They're pink and- wait no you will not distract me just stand watch and tell me if you see anyone or just shoot them I can't aim anyway so I doubt I would be much help."