36 - bored out of my mind

Why is he still here?

It's been 3 hours since he first sat down against the side of my bed and he hasn't moved.

He hasn't even spoken to me. He's been on a few phone calls but he's only spoken Italian on them though and when he's not on a phone call, he's still looking or doing something on him phone anyway.

I almost forgot he spoke Italian.

I'm so bored. There's nothing to do and now I have Damian watching over me like I'm a child. It's fine. I don't want to speak to him anyway.

Ten minutes go by and I finally have enough of staring our of the window and watching the birds fly around in the golden sunlight so I reach over and grab another book that Asher brought me and look at the cover. it's Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, I've heard of this book before, I suppose not many people haven't but I've never actually known what it was about.

I open the cover and start to read the first chapter and before I even realise, I'm half way through the book and physically cannot put it down.

I haven't checked the time but it must have been a couple hours since I first started to read it, I'm reaching the 3/4 mark when I'm pulled out from the words on the pages by a voice, "any good?"

My head lifts to see Damian had turned his so he was looking at me.

I presume my face indicated I was confused at to what he was talking about because he clarifies, "the book."

I glance down to the book my returning my eyes to him.

"I'm still not speaking to you."

"Come on Nova, you have to talk to me eventually."

"We'll you're wrong because I don't."

I look back down and open the hard covered pages before I see him shift so his whole body faces me from the corner of my eyes.

"If you had a dog what breed would it be and what would you call it?"

What?

"What?"

"Come on, just answer it, don't even try to lie and say you're not bored as hell."

he has got a point, I'm bored out of my mind. Fine. I'll play along with this but only because of that reason.

"Sausage dog... Winnie."

He contorts his eyebrows at me before obviously holding back a laugh. "Winnie?"

"I always thought it would be cute. Sue me. Or better yet, get me taken and tortured. Oh wait! You've already done that."

"Okay, I deserved that."

"You deserve worse."

"And what would your ideal punishment include?"

"You, chained to a wall and me with 10 throwing knives."